Euphoria S2 on HBO

E.T.Bass

I liked S1 for the acting and how sexually fluid and gender non conforming some of the characters were.

S2 is more of the same.  By now some of the high school drama is wearing a little thin.    

However one very cool surprise is how the bad guy father character "Cal"

spacer.png

has a backstory involving his own high school days.    I hope there is more to the backstory.

The internet is already obsessed with the Cal and Derek flashback from epi 3.  Here is a fan video of the two.

Edited by E.T.Bass

More about Cal and Derek.   Somewhat of a spoiler.  <-- there is a locker room shower scene with Cal and Derek showering that is very generous by American standards.   Lovely scenery.  

This young lady on Tik Tok has an excellent theory about Cal's backstory, and the boy/boy love angle.

https://www.tiktok.com/@tonithetyger/video/7057272336994553134?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

spacer.png

• 6 months later...
On 8/17/2022 at 4:47 PM, Kevin Slater said:

Even if you otherwise have no interest in the show, watch the first 13 minutes of episode 1, season 2.  You don't need to know anything about the show.  Some of the best 13 minutes ever on tv.

Kevin Slater

I would say the same about whatever S1 episode took place at the fairground midway.  It's a masterclass in film making.  It's a movie not a TV episode.

I watched only that episode (twice)  But, No matter how beautiful it is, and it is breathtaking, Zillenials drive me up a wall and I can't watch the show

That said, on Bret Easton Ellis's podcast (yes I'm that terrible of a person that I read and listen to BEE (I don't read his, or anyone's, twitter)) I heard what the bad guy father character "Cal" said to his Son toward the end of S2, and that sounds amazing.

Edited by Rod Hagen