Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

little by little customer service has degraded as he's become more familiar and less focused on the service

Unfortunate, but it does happen. I experience this more with private masseurs that I see regularly who don’t depend on tips. If it’s someone you truly like, perhaps try saying something directly to him first like “Hey, is everything ok? the sessions haven’t been the full time lately.”

A bit of a different experience for me. Had an appointment with Jerry Monday, and finally left after waiting ten minutes past the start. The waiting area of a single chair by the desk is a joke. Phone ringing unanswered at least three times. Not going back

27 is the epitomy of 'YMMV'. Some have had great experience and rave about it. Myself - I've not had any positive experiences there. From booking a specific person only to arrive and then told the person I booked wasn't working / didn't show up, to very poor massages, to the flop-house aestettic. To each there own, but there are better choices (for me).

Unfortunate, but it does happen. I experience this more with private masseurs that I see regularly who don’t depend on tips. If it’s someone you truly like, perhaps try saying something directly to him first like “Hey, is everything ok? the sessions haven’t been the full time lately.”

This is useful. Just to be clear I didn't have a bad experience. I've been going there for some time and generally good. It's a subtle lack of focus over time. As most of us do, we sink a lot of money into this passion. Being in a customer service industry myself I know folks can take their business elsewhere so I tend to be very respectful and not react to an experience unless it's truly poor. That said, at some point if my experience I kinda flat when do I cut the cord and move on.

This is useful. Just to be clear I didn't have a bad experience. I've been going there for some time and generally good. It's a subtle lack of focus over time. As most of us do, we sink a lot of money into this passion. Being in a customer service industry myself I know folks can take their business elsewhere so I tend to be very respectful and not react to an experience unless it's truly poor. That said, at some point if my experience I kinda flat when do I cut the cord and move on.

And to your point @EVdude I would expect this more from private vs spa.

Babylon

Dylan (Chinese) is quite popular and is the star at Babylon, booking him is often difficult

Tom (Chinese)is new and isn't endowed, basic massage skills too,

Jacki (Chinese) is massage skills are acceptable sometimes takes off pants and you can touch, but little more.

Kevin (Chinese) is a great massage, but isn't endowed, allows touch but but little more (if he still works there)

Taz (Thai) (Thursday only) basic massage skills doesn't allow touching (even after a few times and higher $$ tip)

If you want more than basic h/X try after a few times with same masseur . $$ talk

Babylon

Dylan (Chinese) is quite popular and is the star at Babylon, booking him is often difficult

Tom (Chinese)is new and isn't endowed, basic massage skills too,

Jacki (Chinese) is massage skills are acceptable sometimes takes off pants and you can touch, but little more.

Kevin (Chinese) is a great massage, but isn't endowed, allows touch but but little more (if he still works there)

Taz (Thai) (Thursday only) basic massage skills doesn't allow touching (even after a few times and higher $$ tip)

If you want more than basic h/X try after a few times with same masseur . $$ talk

Kevin is definitely gone. He was my fav for reasons not listed.

Jacki seems to be managing now, in addition to providing massage. Don’t know if Dylan is still there. Has anyone seen him recently?

Hi All,

I’m returning to NYC next week for the first time in a few months and want to treat myself to a massage.

What are the top suggestions for either Latino, white or black masseurs? I prefer younger, athletic, smooth...but flexible on those, they are simply my preferences

My usual go to is Asian which is why I am looking to mix it up this time.

Thanks in advance!

I saw Sunny (Sonny?) at Time Square spa - it was possibly one of the strongest massages I’ve ever had. And to me, not in a good way. I know many on here want strong ones, but I fear these guys who aren’t trained may actually induce injuries exerting so much pressure on backs.

Anyway, I hated the massage. There was a slight improvement in the end that he finally began to touch softly and with pleasure. He asked me to book him again in the future for even more happy. But I won’t put myself at risk of an injury.

Anyone have any recommendations about getting more interactive sessions? Been to get a massage and usually don’t book in advance and get a good masseur at utopia...but since I get a different masseur and less repeating I notice it all starts from square one...suggestions? Or just have to rebook with the same one? Feel free to private message me. Thanks!

Any suggestions at w man ? Hear they have new guys working ? Any feedback appreciated

Well Andy (in his private 2nd floor lair) is by far the ultimate option at W Men. Book ahead!

I recently had Mark (Andy was booked.), reasonably tall, sweet Asian. Decent massage, left relaxed.

There is also Jorge (not same Jorge at Super Men and ex-Shangrila) cute, muscular, shorter Colombian. No experience with him however.

I saw Sunny (Sonny?) at Time Square spa - it was possibly one of the strongest massages I’ve ever had. And to me, not in a good way. I know many on here want strong ones, but I fear these guys who aren’t trained may actually induce injuries exerting so much pressure on backs.

Anyway, I hated the massage. There was a slight improvement in the end that he finally began to touch softly and with pleasure. He asked me to book him again in the future for even more happy. But I won’t put myself at risk of an injury.

Did you ask him to go lighter? That's what I do when the pressure is too much.

I’m tempted to say he’s on my “must try” list. I’m all about strong strong massage. But your induced injuries point is spot on. Learned my lesson years ago in my nascent massage days. A strong untrained masseur busted veins in my legs.

Right away I said “go lighter” but I think he forgot. I just wanted it to end.

Is English the second language and was your face buried in the cradle when you said it? Sometimes you gotta repeat yourself or say it a different way. I had one guy who didn't seem to understand what "lighter" meant but knew the word "softer"...

Is English the second language and was your face buried in the cradle when you said it? Sometimes you gotta repeat yourself or say it a different way. I had one guy who didn't seem to understand what "lighter" meant but knew the word "softer"...

He heard me as he repeated back to me “oh lighter. Ok”. Maybe 10 seconds were lighter then right back to his routine. My back was sore for 2 days after he was done. I got over it but I’m telling you, these guys who take pride in really digging in can cause real injuries because they don’t know what they’re doing.

Who is good at 27 mens spa or Shangrila these days? Ideally looking for caucasian, latino but open to suggestions for hot, strong guy. I heard August is great but he is away until 2/24. Any other suggestions???

Ask for Jorge at 27 Spa. He recently left Shangrila and believe he is now at this spa. He will satisfy all of your requirements. Call ahead to be sure he is in when you choose to go.