Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

General question - Why do guys prefer spas over going to private masseurs?

For me, I like the spa setting because somehow it is my fantasy that the sensual stuff isn’t paid for - so it feels a little more like “oh this amazing thing is happening” by chance even though I know it is likely a guarantee.

As others mentioned, the table shower is also a draw. I saw someone say that having someone else wash them is uncomfortable but I love it. It is an ego thing to have a guy bathe me - makes me feel like a king.

No. But I know the management at some spas require their workers to up sell. I have a good friend who was a masseur and he told me about the practice.

I have seen Andy for years, with some interruptions, and I tip big anyway. I expect he knows that well and sees no point in up-selling. I have had a few experiences with up-selling. My response is always “no” but I never hold it against the masseur.

Do the specials get better for each level extra they get in upsells?

General question - Why do guys prefer spas over going to private masseurs?

I prefer seeing a masseur privately. They make better money so you generally get a better quality massage. If you're looking for a spa experience, it's hard to get the best if you want it to include any sensuality. I've sound the spas around NYC generally lacking.

Hey guys my name is Adam I am relatively new to New York City and I’ve had some great massage experiences at greenhouse with Daniel and at why not with Bobo (he’s the same guy he just went by Bobo when he was at why not and now he is currently at greenhouse) I am happy to give details - I would love to find some great Latino white or European massagers preferably gay in lower Manhattan please let me know if anyone has any recommendations

Do the specials get better for each level extra they get in upsells?

I have never experienced an up-sell. It wouldn’t bother me if they did try.

I have never experienced an up-sell. It wouldn’t bother me if they did try.

I appreciate that some guys don’t mind if a masseur negotiates “happy ending” for a little extra money. However there is another post about why people even like massage in the first place and many like it because of some “unknown” of what is to come next. Also many guys, including myself try to get into a relaxed state and to a point where we disconnect from reality. When a masseur pauses to then discuss payment it ruins the flow or state of mind I’m in.

Look, I understand that for many Masseurs, bringing up money at that point probably gets them higher tips than if they don’t. But for me, I hate it and prefer to tip based on my enjoyment - which has now been diminished due to the topic coming up.

I appreciate that some guys don’t mind if a masseur negotiates “happy ending” for a little extra money. However there is another post about why people even like massage in the first place and many like it because of some “unknown” of what is to come next. Also many guys, including myself try to get into a relaxed state and to a point where we disconnect from reality. When a masseur pauses to then discuss payment it ruins the flow or state of mind I’m in.

Look, I understand that for many Masseurs, bringing up money at that point probably gets them higher tips than if they don’t. But for me, I hate it and prefer to tip based on my enjoyment - which has now been diminished due to the topic coming up.

Exactly this!

Switching from deep relaxation to bartering really annoys me.

Exactly this!

Switching from deep relaxation to bartering really annoys me.

I posted about this same thing a few months back when the topic came up then. I have not been back to the spa where this took place in close to 2 years. It totally ruin my experience of relaxation, it turned it into a "business ideal !" I told the masseur and then also the manager who just shrugged his shoulders. So they lost my visits.

I agree completely @NYMassageAddict. I’m fully on board with you on the issue. Thinking it through more, my truth is that I’m totally loyal to a couple of masseurs. They know I tip generously and I know what’s going to happen during a session. No surprises and no marketing. We never talk about money.

Just out of 27 men spa. Had Ahmed for the first which gave a good soft massage like I asked, but he has limits

I saw “Nick” sitting on the sofa on the way out. Holy cow, that is one cute Asian guy!!!!!!

I nearly asked for a second massage with him right away!

Is he good, and sensual? PM me if you don’t want to say.

Hey everyone I know this is the NYC Spa thread but I figured it was worth a shot since this thread gets a ton of comments. I live in North Jersey and while i've made the trip into NYC several times for a massage I'd like to find a place in NJ to make my life easier. Anyone else on here from NJ that knows of any spots? I'd appreciate any help to avoid the commute into the city if possible. Thanks guys

Hey guys been reading this for a while but just made an account recently. Haven’t gotten a massage in a while, but went to greenhouse last night which is my go to. Only been to a couple other spots, but always feel most comfortable at greenhouse for some reason..

Hey guys been reading this for a while but just made an account recently. Haven’t gotten a massage in a while, but went to greenhouse last night which is my go to. Only been to a couple other spots, but always feel most comfortable at greenhouse for some reason..

Never had a good massage there and made 5 visits !!!

Who did you have and how was it?

Never had a good massage there and made 5 visits !!!

I’ve had good luck there. I can’t say I’ve had really bad experiences anywhere consistently. Of course one pops up due to chemistry, a tired masseur, who knows, but I’ve had as many good experiences at Greenhouse as I have anywhere else. I think the boys are trained as they are for super men. Same owner. The really good ones graduate and go to work at Super Men’s.