Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

I don’t understand but somehow suspect that you work there. But I can’t tell if Manta has renamed or if you went to Hero.

Walked by old Manta and all the letters are ripped off. There's a plastic sign hung up saying 'New Hero' with the old SPA letters remaining.

In answer to CJinNYC, you get what you pay for. Yes, Shangrila is a bit more expensive, even a tad more expensive than its "sister" Spa, Utopia. That's because it's in a high rent district, with a fancier décor, and have more overhead to cover.

He said that he was "unimpressed with Yeah Man and Why Not." Cheap is cheap. Shangrila is always spotless (so is Utopia), and the staff is efficient and welcoming. I have no idea what the other two spas are like, but if they charge less, there's probably a reason.

He said he's unhappy with the other two. I think it would be well worth a few extra dollars to try an upscale spa. He has a lot to gain, and not much to lose.

Walked by old Manta and all the letters are ripped off. There's a plastic sign hung up saying 'New Hero' with the old SPA letters remaining.

Could it be that "Hero Spa" on the west side is heading east? "New Hero" is much too similar of a name to not have a connection. This is interesting.

In answer to CJinNYC, you get what you pay for. Yes, Shangrila is a bit more expensive, even a tad more expensive than its "sister" Spa, Utopia. That's because it's in a high rent district, with a fancier décor, and have more overhead to cover.

He said that he was "unimpressed with Yeah Man and Why Not." Cheap is cheap. Shangrila is always spotless (so is Utopia), and the staff is efficient and welcoming. I have no idea what the other two spas are like, but if they charge less, there's probably a reason.

He said he's unhappy with the other two. I think it would be well worth a few extra dollars to try an upscale spa. He has a lot to gain, and not much to lose.

Thanks! The massage at Yeah Man was boring and the last two I’ve had at Why Not was either too light, or the masseur was too aggressive. I’m happy to pay more for quality, just don’t want to pay more because of frills and high rents.

Thank you!! :)

As I said, you pay a little more at Shangrila because of its location and décor, but it's not a lot more.

And, most important, I've never heard a complaint about any of the masseurs there or the quality of their massage. As has been said here, Jorge gives a VERY deep massage. He found muscles that I didn't know I had!

New hero Spa Andy very very good He has a pair of warm hands, I also saw that he has a Spaniard here, I am going to try it next time.

Is Andy Asian? Have the refurbished the place? Thanks for checking it out. I was ascared.

if anyone has any suggestions for a good four-hands massage in one of the local spas, please PM me details. thanks

My only suggestion regarding 4 hand massage is that the Masseurs don’t seem to love giving them. Normally that shouldn’t matter, as you’re paying for it, but my experience is that they are less restrained when they are solo in a room with you. I think when another masseur (friend) is there with them, doing certain things is a little embarrassing or at least becomes mechanical.

That said, if 4 hands is a fantasy, by all means go for it. I’ve just found more fulfilling experiences one on one.

New hero Spa Andy very very good He has a pair of warm hands, I also saw that he has a Spaniard here, I am going to try it next time.

Hey “Jason” - there is no need to fake an account and make up stories about your massage experiences at a new spa to try and drum up business. The members of this forum will happily try a new spa if one opens up. Just be the advertisement without the bull.

Tell us who you have working there, what they look like, their ethnicity (for those who care), and give us all an introductory deal to check out the new facilities.

So while I get a kick out of the bullshit accounts and the cringe-worthy fake experiences with terrible English, I personally find it more helpful and beneficial to just get the info I need. Also we’re not idiots.

K- Thankkkssssss byeeeeeee

I've asked before, but I've been looking for a very sensual massage at a mostly 'legit' spa. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I basically get turned on when a HE is not guarenteed, but is possible under the right circumstances. For what it's worth, I don't love super intense, deep pressure massages as I'm kinda thin and i's usually too intense for me. Any recommendations appreciated. Feel free to PM :)

I've asked before, but I've been looking for a very sensual massage at a mostly 'legit' spa. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I basically get turned on when a HE is not guarenteed, but is possible under the right circumstances. For what it's worth, I don't love super intense, deep pressure massages as I'm kinda thin and i's usually too intense for me. Any recommendations appreciated. Feel free to PM :)

Yes, you make perfect sense and I can relate. We can give you recommendations for masseurs at some of the nicer spas - namely Green House, Times Square Men's Spa, Shangrila. Once you know your spa of choice, we can provide you with some names. Let us know.

Yes, you make perfect sense and I can relate. We can give you recommendations for masseurs at some of the nicer spas - namely Green House, Times Square Men's Spa, Shangrila. Once you know your spa of choice, we can provide you with some names. Let us know.

I went to Green House twice - liked the spa and had 1 fantastic experience and 1 bad. The good experience was a sort of hunky/stalky asian guy who was very sweet. The bad experience was a super thin young guy who basically wanted to penetrate immediately. It was such a turn off. Like I said, very sensual but not pressuring for something to happen is my style.

I went to Green House twice - liked the spa and had 1 fantastic experience and 1 bad. The good experience was a sort of hunky/stalky asian guy who was very sweet. The bad experience was a super thin young guy who basically wanted to penetrate immediately. It was such a turn off. Like I said, very sensual but not pressuring for something to happen is my style.