Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

I usually do 60 minutes with new people, after I build a rapport, I extend to 90 minutes. Lately, only, Dylan and Tass (@Babylon) fit this bill. I experience at 27-Spa with Yuri, was less than what I expected.

on tipping:

I tip 30-40 for an hour, for 90 minutes, with interactivity I tip between 45-80. I understand most "therapists" make 1/3 of rate. Less interactivity = less tip. I am vocal about my displeasure (when/if) it happens. I haven't visited Yu-Ping, Yeah Man W Spa, Times Sq, or shangri la...

August had gone private and was performing messages from his apartment in Hell's Kitchen close to Hero Spa for a while. Now I don't see his ad on masseurfinder any longer. Maybe he has relocated?

That’s too bad. Planning a trip to the city soon- any recommendations on a similar masseur?

Good news about Time Square men spa

Today I got 30 min free massage because I wrote review on Yelp.

They gave me 30 min free massage for that. So I got very relaxing 90 min massage Just for $60.

Place is very nice and clean. I definitely recommend this place

They offer Yelp and Google

So let’s try it guys.

They gave me 30 min free massage for that. So I got very relaxing 90 min massage Just for $60.

So let’s try it guys.

I hear you. Not unless you work for them or you are the owner of the spa. Give me an hour free massage and I’ll post a good review of your spa. Thanks in advance. lol

Thanks to the nice reviews here, my partner and decoded to visit to the Shangrila spa today and had a great experience. The space is well decorated, spotless, and calming. Great location in Midtown near Bryant Park and Grand Central. I had a 90 min from Jorge and my partner had a 90 min with Rodriego. Both are beautiful and have excellent skills. My partner would have loved for Rodriego to go home with us. Overall a fantastic experience with well trained masseurs and no discussion of tips etc. Can’t wait to go back!

So, I finally did it. I visited a spa for my first time. I walked in to Time Square without an appointment, had to wait about 10 minutes, and got seen by Alven. The experience was fantastic. My only complaint is that I was running short on time and asked for a 30 minute session, but was given an hour seasion. Luckily, I had enough cash on me to cover it. I’d definitely go back and see Alven again. The massage was great, especially after both my work outs today.

I tried out Shangrila on Friday and since I know the owner is reading this and I am sure if you check your logs you know who I am and I have a few comments to better the experience .

The spa is very well furnished an it is a relaxing atmosphere , however with the partial walls all noises outside can be heard in the rooms and this is a distraction if your trying to relax , more so if the phone is ringing and you can hear conversations from outside .

Having one take there shoes off on entrance is a plus in my books however you should supply some kind of reusable slippers , if you going to take a shower after the massage and although there are rugs there is a chance of someone falling or at least slipping .

My purpose in visiting your spa was to have strong massage which I did express to you via text and you recommend the Brazilian masseuse. He is very good looking and has a great personality however his technique was ordinary and without adequate pressure and skill . I felt I was in one of these massage movies where the money maker was the skills to a complete finish and the actual massage skills was an an afterthought . I like massages and not always to I desire a complete finish.

To finish off my observation, the Brazilian ( don’t want to butcher his name with bad spelling ), did give a relaxing massage if that is what your looking for and his personality melts you like butter Lol.

Edited by Ravi69

I tried Shangri-La. Had a massage with Rodrigo. He is a very tall, good looking and nice guy. I had a good experience, and I got a membership for $10 to get lower rates and free 15 min scrub. Rodrigo could've provided deep pressure IMHO. I did ask, but the technique didn't really change. He was VERY friendly though. ;). I might try Jorge or Mark next. If any one has had any experience please PM me. Thanks.

I tried out Shangrila on Friday and since I know the owner is reading this and I am sure if you check your logs you know who I am and I have a few comments to better the experience .

The spa is very well furnished an it is a relaxing atmosphere , however with the partial walls all noises outside can be heard in the rooms and this is a distraction if your trying to relax , more so if the phone is ringing and you can hear conversations from outside .

Having one take there shoes off on entrance is a plus in my books however you should supply some kind of reusable slippers , if you going to take a shower after the massage although there is rugs there is a chance of someone falling or at least slipping .

My purpose in visiting you spa was to have strong massage which did express to you via text and you recommend the Brazilian masseuse. He is very good looking and has a great personality however his technique was ordinary and without adequate pressure and skill . I felt I was in one of these massage movies where the HE was money maker and the skill was an an afterthought . I like massages and not always to I desire HE.

I agree that the phone ringing constantly and being able to hear the caller ID identify each caller and also hear the voice mail message was annoying given that I was in one of the rooms off the lobby. An easy fix hopefully.

Having one take there shoes off on entrance is a plus in my books however you should supply some kind of reusable slippers , if you going to take a shower after the massage although there is rugs there is a chance of someone falling or at least slipping .

My purpose in visiting you spa was to have strong massage which did express to you via text and you recommend the Brazilian masseuse. He is very good looking and has a great personality however his technique was ordinary and without adequate pressure and skill . I felt I was in one of these massage movies where the HE was money maker and the skill was an an afterthought . I like massages and not always to I desire HE.

Tried Shangrila last week and it was fine. Similar feeling about not having some sort of sandal once you put your shoes in that rack. Had beefy William, after I asked the person on the phone for whom did the best deep tissue, who did a fine massage but nothing amazing. The entire time I was hearing over the half-walls a video game, I think, of other waiting masseurs. In the end, $120 for 90 minutes and a good tip gets you too close to $200 for an experience that is no where close to that value. Clean or not, won't be returning.

Agree on the noise level, particularly if you are in one the two rooms off to the left right in the reception area. Between the door buzzing, phone ringing and the banter with customers arriving and departing, lots of distractions.

That said, the place still it my new favorite.

So let’s try it guys.

@King hunter. Thanks for letting us know. Since you’ve been to Time Square Spa previously then you know that the stamped card for 5 massages also gives you a 50% discount on a 1 hr massage. Who gave you the massage & how did he know you wrote a Yelp review? Now that you’ve told us, anyone can read Yelp & say they wrote that review. Not sure what you meant by, “They offer Yelp & Google”.

Agree on the noise level, particularly if you are in one the two rooms off to the left right in the reception area. Between the door buzzing, phone ringing and the banter with customers arriving and departing, lots of distractions.

That said, the place still it my new favorite.

@King hunter. Thanks for letting us know. Since you’ve been to Time Square Spa previously then you know that the stamped card for 5 massages also gives you a 50% discount on a 1 hr massage. Who gave you the massage & how did he know you wrote a Yelp review? Now that you’ve told us, anyone can read Yelp & say they wrote that review. Not sure what you meant by, “They offer Yelp & Google”.

I think that was a neat idea however the last couple times there I forgot to get it stamped. Would certainly use that discrout to extend my usual massage time.

Are all the spas cash only for payment of the massage? I would of course tip in cash but don't like carrying a lot of cash. I'm near shangrala might go check that out before I leave town. Tried times square late at night Saturday, massage was good but wasn't really into the guy. Should have probably gone earlier.

Are all the spas cash only for payment of the massage? I would of course tip in cash but don't like carrying a lot of cash. I'm near shangrala might go check that out before I leave town. Tried times square late at night Saturday, massage was good but wasn't really into the guy. Should have probably gone earlier.

Shangrila takes only cash for now. Super Men Spa takes credit but always give you a hard time if you do. Pretty sure most other spas like Utopia, Manta, Babylon take credit but it might be a good idea to call in advance to be safe.

Shangrila takes only cash for now. Super Men Spa takes credit but always give you a hard time if you do. Pretty sure most other spas like Utopia, Manta, Babylon take credit but it might be a good idea to call in advance to be safe.

Shangrila charged credit card too

I pay in cash at Utopia because they charge $5 for using a credit card. Obviously, I tip in cash.

BTW, someone wrote that he thought Shangrila was too expensive, because his 90 minute massage cost $120, and then a tip, which approached $200 total. Yes, I can see that.

Utopia is not as nicely decorated as Shangrila, and the waiting area (where I never wait, as I'm always on time, and so is my masseur) is smaller, but a 90 minute massage at Utopia is $90. 60 minutes is $60 at Utopia. 60 minutes at Shangrila is $90, but $80 with a membership, which I think management is giving away for free as an introductory offer for a while.

I find that Utopia is usually quiet, though the walls do not go all the way to the ceiling, and I can hear a phone ring once in a while, but whoever talks on the phone knows how to keep his voice down. Utopia and Shangrila are both about 30 minutes walk from my apartment, and the masseurs appear to rotate between the two. I was at Shangrila the week it opened, and liked everything about it (Alex was my masseur), but I prefer to spend less money at Utopia.

Decided to try out Shangrila and got seen right away as a walk in. Definitely agree with many of the other reviews, noise could get distracting at times. Got rodrigo(sp?), he did a good job. Also went with membership since its only $20 for two years and you get a discount and free table shower. Will make use of it when in town. Hopefully they can do something about the noise, everything else was great. Also the membership card is a quite nice metal card. Props for that design choice.