Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you would be willing to offer some insights into spa/massages in general. I found myself too nervous to enjoy a good massage. If you are willing to answer a couple of questions, please PM me. Appreciated.

Edited by JLC

Happy 2019 Guys! Took a month off from the forum and massage. But I did end the year at Spa 27 with Yura. Very much enjoyed the sensual connection through out. I did find his technique a little klunky... some times so light he felt like he wasn’t sure what to do next, other times deep and masterfully painful (they way I like it and asked for). He’s a beautiful man, hairy chest, hairy arms and all. Yes I’ll repeat.

Ok the massage was decent , I believe I did a 90 mins with him . A friendly guy but then coming close to the end he did The happy stufff which was ok but afterwards he mentioned that’s usually he gets a high tip . So the massage was 90 , I tipped him 80 to 90 in the room and his openly expressed his disappointment , I tipped further when I paid at the desk. That whole tipping situation and his reaction spoilt the evening .

This is just plain bad business on the masseurs part and sours me a bit on Spa 27. He’s off my list. To Spa 27 management, who I think reads the forum, get your guys in line!

Checked out the new Time Square Spa. Just walked in... beautifully new, well appointed private and quiet rooms with comfortable tables, convenient location. Got Mike, twinkish Asian, limited English, gave strong massage with all the fixings including scalp and foot massage. I’ll be back.

Anyone have more insight on the Premier 57 news of combining the nude area to be Co-ed? Seems drastic...

I called them. They said they will be re-opening the pools/sauna/steam room that was previously gendered into co-ed starting on January 25th. They are currently doing construction. You will have to wear a bathing suit everywhere. The showers will have doors on them.

It's too bad. I won't be able to use my voucher now.

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you would be willing to offer some insights into spa/massages in general. I found myself too nervous to enjoy a good massage. If you are willing to answer a couple of questions, please PM me. Appreciated.

I can’t understand why you are so nervous about getting a good relaxation massage? I think you are expecting more or some “extras”.

All you need to do is to show up, ask for the price of a particular service you need (scrub/massage/facial), and pay. That’s it!

Now, in some spas, you can ask for a “go see” to choose the variety of masseurs available for your liking.

If you sense that the therapist is showing nasty attitude in a few minutes of the service, politely request to change therapist. Simple as that.

In addition, never assume that all therapist tolerate “happy endings”. You may ask. Remember, respects begets respect!

Ok the massage was decent , I believe I did a 90 mins with him . A friendly guy but then coming close to the end he did The happy stufff which was ok but afterwards he mentioned that’s usually he gets a high tip . So the massage was 90 , I tipped him 80 to 90 in the room and his openly expressed his disappointment , I tipped further when I paid at the desk. That whole tipping situation and his reaction spoilt the evening .

Ahmed has been away for more than a month. He has been consistently on my top masseur to go to.

When you go to a spa, think of it that you are going there for a relaxation massage. Anything extras, it must be a lucky day!

Never assume that all therapist want or need to do extras. I don’t want to be hypocrite but if it reaches to that point , it’s between you and the therapist. There is however a catch, everything has a price.

Ask what to expect and negotiate. Simple isn’t it?

Again, never assume. If you both don’t agree, Let go and move on.

If you feel that the therapist is extra friendly with you, it doesn’t mean that they like you as a person, they show that because that’s what their job requires, to offer you with the best customer service experience, aside from the massage, of course.

Much love and Happy Hunting!

So Ahmed from 27 spa is back after a month long hiatus [his passion is to explore the world]. I was very excited, I made an appointment, and was greeted with a big smile. He’s still on my -top of the list go to masseur.

Relaxation massage at its finest! Never in a hurry. He always ask about my expectations, such as the kind of pressure, where the ache at, Always checking you out if you are okay, very attentive, no demands and no pretensions. He looks fit though compare to the last time I met him, he got her hair long which I think is cute.

So Ahmed from 27 spa is back after a month long hiatus [his passion is to explore the world]. I was very excited, I made an appointment, and was greeted with a big smile. He’s still on my -top of the list go to masseur.

Relaxation massage at its finest! Never in a hurry. He always ask about my expectations, such as the kind of pressure, where the ache at, Always checking you out if you are okay, very attentive, no demands and no pretensions. He looks fit though compare to the last time I met him, he got her hair long which I think is cute.

This is very good news, as one of the spa 27 Masseurs told me he left permanently. I definitely would like to try him or Yura (maybe both?).

I called them. They said they will be re-opening the pools/sauna/steam room that was previously gendered into co-ed starting on January 25th. They are currently doing construction. You will have to wear a bathing suit everywhere. The showers will have doors on them.

It's too bad. I won't be able to use my voucher now.

I went today. It is still open as usual (separated with naked area) but yes they said it will change to coed on 25th. So maybe you should come use your voucher before it changes or before the construction starts.

Hi All,

I tried out Shangri-La for the first time yesterday and thought I would report back. The space is really nice - clean and classy and feels like an upscale spa when you are in there. Fresh flowers and all. The room that I was in was also deforated really nice and was spacious and I was immediately offered a drink, slippers, robe etc.

The owner (I assume was the owner) was really welcoming and friendly when I arrived and got me organized in my room.

My massage was with Rodrigo. He was honestly such a nice guy, checked on the pressure and temperature to make sure that I was comfortable and relaxed. He was very friendly, gave a good massage, and was also very handsome. I would definitely recommend Rodrigo if you go to this place.

The pricing definitely is a little steep, but it’s a totally different experience from visiting some of these other spas that are dingy and dirty feeling and way more cramped. So if you want more of a spa type experience, this place is worth the extra $.

Never been to one of these spas but will be in nyc next weekend. Have a few questions. Please pm me if you can answer with more details. Do you get to see pics of the guys or are just assigned one randomly? Looked at one on Google and its said cash only, how much should I bring to safely cover rate and tip without carrying too much cash around. Is the extra stuff expected or does one need to be clear they want it? Thanks.

general question For all you spa-goers.. What time of day do you usually come get your massages? I’ve only done it during the late afternoons but curious if more people go at night. There’s usually not that many guys who work so curious if there’s ever been a “rush hour” for massages. ?