Masseurs in LA that offer Graston or Guasha

Antonio1981
This topic is 943 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does anyone know a masseur who offers the Graston Technique or Guasha in the LA/Weho area? I’m looking for a legit session and someone trained on how to scrape and break up some challenging muscle adhesions/knots. I’m not interested in going to a physical therapist if possible. Prefer an independent masseur or body worker. 

On 9/13/2021 at 7:47 PM, Antonio1981 said:

Does anyone know a masseur who offers the Graston Technique or Guasha in the LA/Weho area? I’m looking for a legit session and someone trained on how to scrape and break up some challenging muscle adhesions/knots. I’m not interested in going to a physical therapist if possible. Prefer an independent masseur or body worker. 

Interested as well. Hopefully someone knows. 

On 9/15/2021 at 9:46 AM, Rod Hagen said:

I use a graston on myself, but wouldn't be comfortable using it on someone else, requires specific training.  My graston is very simple:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H1NDIGW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

actually, it's a scraping device in the "graston" toolkit.

Good luck!

Curious to know if it’s painful when you’re scraping over a muscle group or area? I have a high tolerance for pain, but the red marks makes me wonder if it feels as bad as it looks?

4 hours ago, Antonio1981 said:

Curious to know if it’s painful when you’re scraping over a muscle group or area? I have a high tolerance for pain, but the red marks makes me wonder if it feels as bad as it looks?

You are right, Antonio1981, traditional Graston work does make you quite red; "they" say it is good. The device I'm using on myself provides relief on a couple areas of seemingly intractable swelling.   Good luck!