ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THE VERIZON WIRELESS LAUNCH OF THE BLACKBERRY STORM?

Guest CURIOUS35
This topic is 5643 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest CURIOUS35

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

My mouth is watering when I got the newest Verizon newsletter in the mail. The much awaited STORM will be launched in a few days!

Initial reviews state it is going to give Verizon a much needed boost to make a name in the smart phone market.

Critics: Geeks, I Phone afficionados and Verizon Wireless network loyalist are waiting for the doors to open up.

Is anyone among the members buying the STORM?

http://www.crackberry.com/files/u3/blackberrystorm.jpg

http://www.newlaunches.com/entry_images/0407/25/blackberry_8300.jpg

What is your reaction to this novelty smart phone. will it displace the Iconic I Phone of ATT and trash the G-Phone? :p

I cut and pasted a review of some sort! "...Not content to stand by while AT&T , T-Mobile and Sprint generate all the wireless hype, Verizon last week announced that it would be supporting Research in Motion's BlackBerry Storm smartphone on its network come November.

RIM's first touchscreen device features a "clickable" screen that the company says simulates the feel of a physical keyboard. The Storm can connect to either EV-DO Rev. A or HSPA 3G cellular networks and features 1GB of onboard memory storage and a card slot that allows for up to 16GB of additional storage.

But while Verizon (and Vodafone in Europe and elsewhere) is hoping that the BlackBerry Storm will Kill the IPhone strategic market presence into pieces...the outcome is dependent on us consumers -- I am sure most of us if not all of us use a smart phone.

:7 :7 :7 :7

Guest CURIOUS35

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

McCain? No he did not, I think he invented the old clunky shoe box type cell phone!

This cell phone model was RIM ( lol) I mean a RIM invention! :p

Seriously, will you consider buying it?

Guest Wetnwildbear

Oh YES - I've thought of nothing else for weeks!

What could possibly be more important than a

new phone/data/wireless thingy.

I know that my life will not be complete until I

possess the newest, fastest, shiniest, most wonderful piece

of personal techno-crap offered to mere mortals!

}( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }(

Guest tuesclavo

I rushed out and bought a fancy new smart phone in February which turns out to have a lot of design flaws, quirks, non-intuitive interface, etc. and now i'm stuck with it. So, i would wait til this latest greatest thing is out for awhile and well-reviewed before going for it.

(R.OS, Probably you're thinking of Al Gore. McCain invented the tin can and string.)

Guest ryan2552

The Storm should be a very viable device. In fact, next quarter there will be a GSM version

released.

Personally I like Blackberry. I have tried iphone, along with several other touch devices. And I keep returning to Blackberry. Several recent and upcoming Blackberry releases show that RIM is not content to rely on yesterdays success. The Bold, Curve 2 and Javelin are just a few additions to the Storm that continue to keep Blackberry number one.

The G1 from T-Mobile is also a awesome phone. Though it needs to have some time to develop its open source platform.

VZW does have the best network in the USA.

Guest CURIOUS35

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Any news if Verizon Wireless will follow Vodafone , who gave free STORM phones to customers? :p I wish Verizon would do that!.

:7 javascript:smilie(':7'):7 :7 :7 :7

Archived