The State of Affairs on Broadway

edjames
This topic is 5623 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yes, "Dividing The Estate" is on a limited run. 8 weeks, I think.

The "Encores' series went downhill after Rob Marshall left. Once in a while they do something that perks my interest, such as the fabulous revivial of "Follies" a couple of years ago. Discount seats are up in heaven and alas, it's in one of the most uncomfortable theaters in the city. Small seatC and no legroom! I can't wait for the rennovation of City center to begin, but I doubt they'll be removing seating rows to add to customer comfort.

ED

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>The "Encores' series went downhill after Rob Marshall

>left...., it's in one of the most uncomfortable theaters in the

>city. Small seatC and no legroom! I can't wait for the

>rennovation of City center to begin, but I doubt they'll be

>removing seating rows to add to customer comfort.

>

>ED

>

>

I wish they'd renovate audience the attire. This has to be one of the worst dressed audiences that turns up for theater in New York. They look as if they rolled off their strat-o-loungers and rolled down to the theater. I have never looked at so many ugly sweaters in my life as I did the other night. Dreadful dye jobs and hair cuts (toupees, mostly; also hideous). Even many of the gay boys look dowdy, especially if they're couples long bored with each other and with paunches pushing at nubby, faded plaid shirts.

Nothing like a Broadway preview audience when the Equity set arrives, pulsing with testosterone.

"I'd say that's a bit of an extreme reaction, now wouldn't you?" -- N.F. Bates

Lankypeters

Archived