English players refuse to wear silver medal after their defeat

marylander1940
This topic is 1033 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have seen this happen before. To have just lost a huge championship and be upset and then be given your second place award can be a little salt on the wound to some. I feel about this with tennis majors as well. I don't know why they make the runner up stay out there and get a second place award and have to watch the winner celebrate. You can tell sometimes they just wanna get the heck out.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:45 AM, BuffaloKyle said:

I have seen this happen before. To have just lost a huge championship and be upset and then be given your second place award can be a little salt on the wound to some. I feel about this with tennis majors as well. I don't know why they make the runner up stay out there and get a second place award and have to watch the winner celebrate. You can tell sometimes they just wanna get the heck out.

It's called being an adult, accepting reality, being a good loser, etc. You stand there, be happy for your competition, and if you can't do that, don't compete. 

I'm not personally interested in soccer, but were they protesting a controversial call by a referee, or was the loss well-accepted? Unless there was a highly controversial call, that type of behavior is abhorrent and put the entire country in a very bad light.