What would you do if you were in the Tour de France and a spectator did this?

This topic is 1026 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A spectator at the Tour de France knocked down a bike rider, causing a chain reaction. I think if I were a bike rider to whom this happened, I might lose my cool and pummel the spectator hard enough to put the spectator in the hospital. I surprised not one person lost it. Or did the spectator run away fast enough?

Spectator with sign causes huge crash at Tour de France as 21 riders  injured in stage 1 and organiser plan to sue

Tour de France: Police search for spectator who caused big crash after  holding out sign | World News | Sky News

I don't know how I'd react in the heat of the moment.  It looks like the poor cyclist might have been too injured to go after the spectator.  But once I've been treated and have a clear head, I would follow up with race officials and law enforcement to make sure that spectator is charged with assault.  Since she caused a chain reaction, she should be charged with multiple assaults.  If you multiply the prison time for assault by the dozens of cyclists involved, that spectator is looking at a veeeeeeeeeery long sentence.  Hopefully law enforcement catches her & throws the book at her.

If investigators catch the spectator, I hope justice will be done.  

Maybe I'm being overly suspicious but does something seem kind of off about that lady.

🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️

Edited by E.T.Bass
sp.