Recent Movies

edjames
This topic is 5689 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Today was a dreary drizzly day here in NYC so I went to the movies. I saw "Eagle Eye" with Shia LaBeouf. Despite lackluster reviews from some of the local NY newspapers, I thought it was a good high-action thriller that worked well.

Last week I saw the costume drama "The Duchess," about the life of Georgina Spencer and her terrible marriage to Lord Devonshire. I liked that one, too. Although didn't anyone else think that Domenic Cooper was a bit miscast in this period piece? Domenic, as Earl Grey (yep, that's his name!) has those dark good looks which somehow didn't work in this mid-eighteenth century drama. He looked better cast in "Mamma Mia."

Also, I recently saw the Coen Brothers latest farce, "Burn Before Reading." Funny and outrageous! Did anyone think that Brad Pitt's character came off a bit gay, or was he just a bimbo?

ED

Archived