Now that I'm vaccinated in Los Angeles

Morpheo
This topic is 1187 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

That would be an interesting business model. Considering there are korean spas that also have an attached restaurant.

Just did a drive by on a few in K-Town and man oh man, everyone is not just closed, but at least one was boarded up. Bev Hot Springs has an updated website (no idea how recent) but driving past earlier... Well, it didn't look promising for any time soon.

Edited by ilhooq

Be careful out there! The California variants of the virus (B.1.427 and B.1.429) have officially become variants of concern per the CDC due to potentially increased transmissibility and moderate reduction in neutralization using sera from vaccinated individuals (which could mean that the vaccines may not be as effective as typically expected.) We keep track of these variants and I think about half of the strains that have been sequenced in LA nowadays are either B.1.427 or B.1.429.

I would suggest maintaining as many precautions as you can if you're going to venture out to get massages. Good luck! I too have been vaccinated and cannot wait to get a massage myself but have decided to wait it out a bit more.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/variant-surveillance/variant-info.html

Be careful out there! The California variants of the virus (B.1.427 and B.1.429) have officially become variants of concern per the CDC due to potentially increased transmissibility and moderate reduction in neutralization using sera from vaccinated individuals (which could mean that the vaccines may not be as effective as typically expected.) We keep track of these variants and I think about half of the strains that have been sequenced in LA nowadays are either B.1.427 or B.1.429.

I would suggest maintaining as many precautions as you can if you're going to venture out to get massages. Good luck! I too have been vaccinated and cannot wait to get a massage myself but have decided to wait it out a bit more.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/variant-surveillance/variant-info.html

Very good advice - these variants aren't to be trifled with, and the numbers seem to be hitting a plateau (even going back up in some states).