411 on Yousefff in NYC

dutchal
This topic is 1166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. But why do we tend to focus on exposing fakes rather than backstopping real guys. Warnings are good. Obsessing over guys who've been debunked for a while is less helpful and seems to be more about showing off ones detective skills than in providing useful and unique info.

You don’t think exposing fakes is “useful & unique info”?

exposing fakes is certainly more than "showing off....detective skills"......jeez......I assume there are many newbie/timid clients who are bilked out of hundreds of dollars by these crooks.......part of the forum's job is to minimize these rackets and assist other forum members......

I do. I think some overdo it, piling on. There seems to be a weird (to me) satisfaction in piling on. I won't call out those who do that. YOU know who you are.

So thoughtful of YOU not to call out those who you THINK are piling on. I guess you believe you are some moral authority. According to your twisted reasoning, we should not continue to call out these frauds & should look the other way & allow them to scam people out of their hard earned money. God forbid we hurt their feelings by alerting others that the ad that is attracting a lot of interest is a FAKE. By the way...the ad is gone. Stay tuned I’m sure it will resurface with some new fake pictures.

So thoughtful of YOU not to call out those who you THINK are piling on. I guess you believe you are some moral authority. According to your twisted reasoning, we should not continue to call out these frauds & should look the other way & allow them to scam people out of their hard earned money. God forbid we hurt their feelings by alerting others that the ad that is attracting a lot of interest is a FAKE. By the way...the ad is gone. Stay tuned I’m sure it will resurface with some new fake pictures.

With regard to fakes, I'd much rather that board members overdo it, "it" being the warnings, the proof of fake pictures, the bad reviews. Since some clients follow the goings-on of this forum just occasionally, multiple warnings will hopefully reach more people. It's like erring on the side of caution.

Project much? Or did I hit a sore spot? No one, certainly not me, suggested giving a pass to fakes. My point was simpler: it says so much more about the poster, especially when its a pattern, when negativity is the gist. We all want reliable info. So much of the time it's not reliable, meaning it's based on reactions to non-interactions and is about how the pics look, suppositions about falsehoods, even accurate digs. It's for each of us to filter through the available info, including the dings posted.

Would you prefer that I cull through the plethora of negative posts to call you or others out? Not my goal or point. I made an observation. You took it personally. That's for you to sort, not me.

Edited by former lurker

And one more observation: there's a huge difference between keen detective work, sussing out stolen pice and pointing out the real dudes in the pics, and just sniping. Digs about things flatly stated -- age, limits, etc. -- seem pointless and nasty. The info is already there for us. No need for the commentary. Your response to my post highlights your view that my opinion isn't what you care about. Oddly, that's a response to my post that so much negative commentary is of that ilk -- opinion.

It's frankly of no use to me, or I suspect to most potential clients, to read digs based on what we already see/know. It's easy to slam a guy for his pics, or his "intos". But we all see those things ourselves. What we really want is some insight, especially from people who have a basis. Too often it's just not that.

And yeah, while I was trying to not target any particular poster, you are often in that category. Other readers may not see it that way, or if they do just ignore your posts/opinions. You leave a mark.

If it works for you, great.

I honestly don’t understand what’s got your knickers astir. Reading through the thread, you’re the first one to go negative... and you went negative on us, the posters (initially mocking our sleuthing- really?), not the fake masseur. He’s a fake! There’s nothing more “useful & unique” to say other than he’s a fake, he’s back and beware. All the other comments, aside from your attacks on us and their deserved responses, are commentary - useful, funny and interesting, about said fake - the OP topic.

Edited by EVdude

I honestly don’t understand what’s got your knickers astir. Reading through the thread, you’re the first one to go negative... and you went negative on us, the posters (initially mocking our sleuthing- really?), not the fake masseur. He’s a fake! There’s nothing more “useful & unique” to say other than he’s a fake, he’s back and beware. All the other comments, aside from your attacks on us and their deserved responses, are commentary - useful, funny and interesting, about said fake - the OP topic.

Really? All the prior talk of reporting the fakes to RM wasn't "negative"? The guy was exposed, many times. Lots of warnings. I was simply saying that a lot of commentary on the boards tends to be negative. I haven't done a thorough review, but I'm a regular reader and I see way more posts asking for info from actual meetings that are filled with comments about how dated the pics look, what the guy doesn't list or does, and less frequently digs about how fleshy or skinny the guy is based on the same pics we all see.

I'm grateful for the sleuthing some posters do. I just wonder about the overall tone. You don't see that? Really?