Forget Provincetown

rocky
This topic is 5760 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Although I haven't been down to Key West in about 3 years, I thought it had gotten a lot tamer on my last visit than when it was in its heyday. There seem to be fewer gay guesthouses and only a couple of bars. There were lots of straights parading down Duval St with those stupid fruity (!) cocktails in their hands, day and night, and tons of day trippers coming in off the cruise ships adding to the congestion and chaos during the day. Still, the island does have its charm and many great restaurants.

One word of caution, September is "peak" hurricane season, so if one hits, be prepared to make a quick and fast evacuation off the island. "Fast" being the operative word. There is only one road in and off the island and it will be bumper to bumper with everyone else trying to make a hasty exit. Flights will be hard to get and only "puddle jumpers" fly to and fro, so there are an extrememly limited number of seats. Then again, it could be a tame hurricane season and you could have a great time.

Enjoy your vacation.

ED

Archived