Amazon Halo

MysticMenace
This topic is 1202 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 4 weeks later...

I was in on the beta of the band from March to October of this year.

It's a very small device that's easy to wear. All interaction is done on your mobile phone through the app.

While some of the features like speech analyzation are techno-interesting, they kill the battery quickly. The feature set of the band is better than FitBit, but battery life remains the downfall. I could never go 12+ hours before having to charge.

For me, after the beta was done, I ultimately decided to tuck it away in a drawer. I'm squarely in the Apple ecosystem, so their watch is more attractive to me, especially since they started Apple Fitness+

I was in on the beta of the band from March to October of this year.

It's a very small device that's easy to wear. All interaction is done on your mobile phone through the app.

While some of the features like speech analyzation are techno-interesting, they kill the battery quickly. The feature set of the band is better than FitBit, but battery life remains the downfall. I could never go 12+ hours before having to charge.

For me, after the beta was done, I ultimately decided to tuck it away in a drawer. I'm squarely in the Apple ecosystem, so their watch is more attractive to me, especially since they started Apple Fitness+

thanks. alas, I had already purchased it 2 weeks ago, so hopefully I get to enjoy it for longer than 8 months.

Maybe an alternative:

I got an Amazfit Bip a couple of years back that fulfills my needs. I was particularly attracted to the long battery life and reasonable price. I typically get around 3 weeks between charges but don’t have all functions activated. It tells time and counts my steps. There’s an App you install on your phone. In the “Activity Mode” it gives much more detail for walking/running and cycling. It interfaces with the iPhone iOS for live GPS Maps (useful when cycling) and the iOS Health app which, among other things, gives fairly detailed sleep info. Mine has now been replaced with a newer version (Amazfit Bip U) that doesn’t appear to have as long a battery life but now tracks O2 levels.