Mary Tyler Moore returning to network television in 2008-2009

EXPAT
This topic is 5762 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

TV legend Mary Tyler Moore will be donning a new shade of "Lipstick" this fall.

The seven-time Emmy winner will appear in several episodes of NBC's "Lipstick Jungle" in the coming season, starting with the show's second-season premiere on Wednesday, Sept. 24. She'll be playing Joyce, the mother of movie executive Wendy (Brooke Shields) and a former high-powered executive in her own right.

Having been a workplace pioneer during her career, Joyce will challenge her daughter's ideas about the ability to have both a demanding career and a rich home life.

"I'm fortunate to have had a front-row seat to the evolution of working women on television," Moore says in a statement. "It's been great fun to watch the strong female characters of 'Lipstick Jungle' go at it week after week. I absolutely adore Brooke, and I'm delighted to be a part of a show which is so well written."

Her appearance on "Lipstick Jungle" will mark Moore's first TV work since she did a guest arc on "That '70s Show" in 2006. She recently completed work on the indie film "Against the Current" with Joseph Fiennes and Justin Kirk.

Moore won two Emmys for playing Laura Petrie on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and four more on her iconic '70s series "Mary Tyler Moore." Her seventh came for the 1993 TV movie "Stolen Babies." Her movie credits include "Ordinary People" and "Flirting with Disaster."

Source: Zap2It.com

Archived