Opinion of "Finding Prince Charming"

clepto86
This topic is 1240 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

According to Wikipedia, there was only one season of "Finding Prince Charming" aka the "Gay Bachelor" in the US, which really surprised me.

Why do you think it was not continued after one season?

Was the cable network Logo too unknown?

Were there too few aspirants for that show?

Or was the format simply too bad or not working for gay candidates, respectively?

Its "straight versions", The Bachelor and The Bachelorette seem to be thorough successes for almost two decades now.

I liked the first season of the German franchise very much, it was a complete success, but already the second season unveiled all the weaknesses of that show format;

and I m not the only one with such an opinion; last year's season was critically acclaimed by the press, whereas the second one was picked apart for several reasons:

• The "Prince", Alexander Schäfer, broke up with his boyfriend just shy of the beginning of the film production.
  • Many candidates merely wanted to gain followers on Instagram and/or start a "trash TV career" - a virus that's been spreading for years, worse than the Corona virus!! Some contestants even admitted it outright.
  • One candidate - who happened to be the Prince's favorite - was bullied so hard by the other wooers that he left the show voluntarily in tears, followed by another contestant who couldn't bear the negative vibes in the summerhouse. (Extreme bullying was a huge issue on numerous German trash TV shows this year, so huge that the media supervisory authority was about to intervene in two cases.)
  • Everybody was making out with anybody; thus I think this format is futile, which is why a gay version of Love Island ought to be produced in my estimation instead of a format where the protagonist has to fight for the attention of his wooers.
  • Last year's winner couple broke up in the midst this season. The winner, Lars Tönsfeuerborn, was said to participate in that show format anyway only in order to advertise his own gay sex podcast.

Nevertheless, the production team has been busy searching for contestants for a third season - with resounding success. They abandoned the search after a few days owing to a huge number of applicants.

Furthermore, they are are going to produce a new homosexual format: Princess Charming; originally planned as a show, where both men and women are supposed to try to win a bisexual woman's heart, the production team eventually opted for an all-female cast. Does such a format also exist in the US?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]07jea00n6b44e2dpdudfpasr5dszq9lj.jpg[/TD]

[TD]ol87liuwdw0jq047cso32zcky5revtrj.jpg[/TD]

[TD]lars-lars-toensfeuerborn-kandidat-bei-prince-charming-2019.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Alexander Schäfer, this year's "Prince"[/TD]

[TD]Lauritz Hofmann, this year's winner[/TD]

[TD]Lars Tönsfeuerborn, last year's winner[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]