Tim Russert funeral

imagooddog
This topic is 5793 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Actually that information is incorrect.

There will be a wake on Tuesday at St. Alban's. The funeral will take place Wednesday morning with burial to be private.

There will be a private memorial service at the Kennedy Center at 4 pm on Wednesday afternoon. It will not be open to the public (a shame really) but MSNBC is planning on televising it.

Guest tuesclavo

Here is the nytimes link so you can read from the horse's mouth, (or some would say the other end):

http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/15/memorials-planned-for-tim-russert/

The wake tomorrow is public if you happen to be in Washington. I would go if I was. I didn't miss his show for 5 years, and also saw some great 1 on 1 interviews on his own show. For all his power and achievements, He talked and looked like most people I know, and asked questions most people on either side wanted to know about, and had this infectious joy about him. If you didn't see it, they did a nice show about him yesterday on meet the press, which you can catch online or repeat.

Archived