Middle On Middle Beach - HBO

TruthBTold
This topic is 1287 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have been watching a four-part series on HBO that I have found really interesting and well done. I have watched two of the four parts. It is a documentary directed by the son of a woman who had been murdered but whose murder has never been solved. The mother's dead body was found outside their affluent home in a Connecticut suburb. The mother had divorced the director's father and the after the divorce the father fails to make settlement payments to the director's mother. The mother in fact is murdered on the day that the parties are due to appear in court so that the father can explain his failure to make support payments. The police investigate the murder focusing on the father but also investigating several friends and family members that could have committed the crime. At the beginning of the documentary it is revealed that no charges are ever filed. The director had been extremely close to his mother and over the next eight years interviewed various family members, family friends, police officials, and neighbors in an attempt to uncover the perpetrator(s) of the crime. Along the way he discovers various things that had not been revealed to him when he was younger and which the various participants had not told one another. These circumstances simply causes the ring of suspects to go outward and inward. As the director states, "The only person I know didn't [kill Barbara] is me." At any rate, it has been compelling so far.

The Director Madison Hamburg

780bad189c4774c4a41212eeffb40b03