Top Chef

Bart
This topic is 5861 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Wow more shows should go for sleep deprevation. This season has a definite edge to it. In past seasons they have always had one or two jerks but damn this season the shows have really turned up the heat. And Kudos to a show that was willing to go with lesbian lovers as competitors out front. No behind the scenes hiding.

I am not necessarily a fan of the panel of judges or their decision process. I also think they had too many chefs to start the season with 15, the kitchen is just so crowded. But what a collection of people. Some nice and some not so nice.

The show has really gotten nasty with the wedding where they were up for 36 hours straight and then come back for another show 4 hours later. Tell you what lack of sleep for people over 30 and it gets tough and people are not so nice anymore. The judges tables have become some of the best back stabbing, far more interesting than Survivor.

This is probably my favorite reality show because it's the least fake. And the food always looks really good. The judges do have their biases. For instance, I could not figure out that Hung guy won last year. I didn't understand his kind of food at all and he was an "asswipe."

As for this season, I really don't like Richard or Dale. Both make what I would call "weird" food but the judges seem pre-disposed to them. I wish it were more unpredictable but you can almost telegraph what the judges are going to do each week. It's become so obvious.

But it's still a great show.

Mark

Archived