American Idol Update: Down to Three, Now Two!!!

Axiom2001
This topic is 5818 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tonight I watched the rebroadcast of "American Idol" because I am on the West Coast. The ending turned out as some of you and I had predicted. I'm ok with tonight's results, and Sayesha (sp) seemed all right with the outcome, too. So, next week fellows, we will have the battle of the Davids. I plan to watch, but I don't care either way as to who this year's winner will be. Both guys have talent and will go far.

Guest josephga

im still hoping for david cook but I still think david A will win due to he has a higher fan base of 14 to 18 year old girls voting for him. American idol is more of a popularity contest than about music anyways..

You've made this claim about a hundred times now without backing it up. Although you used to say 8-13 so you've upped it. The median age -- according to the AP -- of American Idol viewers is 42. I don't know how you can keep making this claim with a straight face.

Look at notingdavid.com. His fan base is hugely diverse in age and in every other way. Mr. Cook's is another story.

Mark

You've said that before, too. What does it prove?

Popularity is no sign of quality. Examples: Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan.

David Cook will sell more CDs because he's conventional and safe. Archuleta is the rebel and will probably sell less. Who cares.

No matter how many CDs Cook sells it won't improve his voice.

Mark

>You've said that before, too. What does it prove?

>

>Popularity is no sign of quality. Examples: Britney Spears,

>Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan.

>

>David Cook will sell more CDs because he's conventional and

>safe. Archuleta is the rebel and will probably sell less. Who

>cares.

>

>No matter how many CDs Cook sells it won't improve his voice.

>

>Mark

At the end of the day both will probably do well. The Simon Cowell machinery stands to benefit. After the last few years of dreadfull winners we now see much improved talent.

You are right Mark, I have many 30-50 somethings that watch the show - religiously - but I do believe it is the young-uns that vote early and vote often; as is often said.

You may be right. But I tire of it being said over and over again without any evidence. And I've yet to see it.

One need only have listened to that disaster "Fantasia" last to realize the level of talent of a David Archuleta. What in the hell was that?

Mark

Guest CURIOUS35

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/david_a.jpg

David Archuleta

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season7/finalists/david_c.jpg

David Cook

I watched the last American Idol broadcast and hoped that my votes...cast for David A made a difference! :) It seems a lot of people did the same. I held my breath when he was called first by Seacrest...but somehow...deep inside me...I knew David A was going to make it to the finals! I was ecstatic when he was adjudged the first of the two finalist. I could not help it but admire this young man's humility! It was obvious, he hoped he would make it, but was so surprised when he made it! I knew it was not an act! The boy is genuinely shocked by the outpouring of fan support --he exudes innocence and gentility!

I hope he wins American Idol, he deserves the title. David C is a worthy competitor! Both Davids have something to offer to the various labels who may be interested in them no matter what the outcome of the competition is. I also like David C, but feel David A should be American Idol this year, because of his more pronounced innate gift and humility!

I was moved when all three semi-finalist shed tears after experiencing a once in a life time reception afforded them by their hometown followers and fans! It only shows America is still the land of Dreams that may...maybe...fulfilled!

:)

May the Lucky and blessed one win!

Archived