Coastal Elites - HBO

KrisParr
This topic is 1322 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

While political, the writing and the performances were excellent. I personally found it cathartic. There is criticism of preaching to the choir which I dismiss.

I mean, it's written by Paul Rudnick and directed by Jay Roach, both guys known for comic satire.

Ultimately, while I enjoyed the writing, the performances are given a little too speech-like to be as funny as they could have been.

I found most success came from the cast who painted a strong character portrait, not the most angry political commentary.

• 3 weeks later...

It was funny the one that I found the least enjoyable was the segment where the gay man attempts to get a part on a TV/stage production (sorry, now I forget). I think it is because I really did not like the actor. Or maybe I just do not like men. :) I thought the other segments were extremely well done.