So Long Michael Johns

Guest zipperzone

This topic is 5291 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest zipperzone

I watched with disbelief last night when Michael Johns, the hot Aussi hunk on American Idol was shown the door. His departure leaves the show without one hot hunk of ass to drool over... sigh......

But it is basically what I predicted weeks ago - I just didn't think it would happen this soon.

His problem? He's 26 and married and what's worse, his wife is shown in the audience every week. Most of the votes (especially the multiple ones) come from bubblegummers and they won't vote for a married man 'cause they can't fantasize over him.

BTW - did anyone else think the Wednesday session of "Idol Gives Back" was as bad as I did? I switched after 30 minutes. Nothing but ads and crap music.

He's only 26? I would have easily guessed he was in his mid-30s. He looks worn out.

Didn't care for his voice or his music but he was definitely hot.

When will they get rid of that awful country chick? Or that whiny Brooke White.

And I'm sorry, despite what Simon Cowell said, Jason Castro's Over The Rainbow just reminded me of Tiny Tim. Actually, Jason Castro in general reminds me of Tiny Tim. Give him the hook already.

Mark

According to his official bio John's 29.

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season7/michael_johns/

I agree that John didn't fit the traditional Idol demo, however, I wonder if the fact that he's Australian and not American played a role. Ironically, Fox is owned by a right wing Australian, Rupert Murdoch. Idol this year seems to be far more religious and patriotic in its tone. I found the group song last night about Jesus a strange choice. Frankly, although a huge cash cow for Fox, I think Idol is close to jumping the shark. It's pretty much an hour or 2 of marketing with a little singing (most of it awful) and lots of bling.

Conspiracy theories everywhere. Rupert Murdoch has absolutely nothing to do with American Idol. And I'd hardly call him "right wing" while he's hosting fundraisers for Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

Hard to nudge people from their pre-conceived notions.

But it's funny how some thing that "patriotism" and "religion" are only associated with the right wing. You sorta make their point for them by those comments.

Mark

Guest zipperzone

>Frankly,

>although a huge cash cow for Fox, I think Idol is close to

>jumping the shark. It's pretty much an hour or 2 of marketing

>with a little singing (most of it awful) and lots of bling.

I totally agree with your assessment. I know that most will disagree with what I am about to write - but hey, it won't be the 1st time :-)

I am totally into Seacrest - he gives me a huge hard-on. If they were to change the host, there would be no reason to watch it whatsoever!

And I wouldn't.

Mark, I'm not sure I understand the venom or logic of your response. You're making assumptions about what I wrote that are a stretch. I was simply making an observation. I don't subscribe to any conspiracy theories, but I do happen to know that to say Murdoch has absolutely nothing to do with Idol is not true. I worked for Fox for years as a senior exec. His fingerprint is on everything. Regarding political contributions, it's not unusual for conglomerates and moguls to hold fund raisers for all candidates from both major parties. They're hedging their bets. I'm sorry that this discussion devolved into something personal. Apparently I hit a nerve. Mea Culpa.

"Two News Corp holdings in particular have provided neoconservatives an influential platform: Fox News and the Weekly Standard. Murdoch's personal involvement has helped to ensure that almost all of his news organizations "have hewn very closely to Mr. Murdoch's own stridently hawkish political views, making his voice among the loudest in the Anglophone world in the international debate over the American-led war with Iraq," as one commentator put it (New York Times, April 7, 2003)."

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/1304.html

>Conspiracy theories everywhere. Rupert Murdoch has absolutely

>nothing to do with American Idol. And I'd hardly call him

>"right wing" while he's hosting fundraisers for

>Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

>

>Hard to nudge people from their pre-conceived notions.

>

>But it's funny how some thing that "patriotism" and

>"religion" are only associated with the right wing.

>You sorta make their point for them by those comments.

>

>Mark

Guest zipperzone

>I'd be more likely to get a hard-on from Paula Abdul than

>twinky boy Ryan Seacrest pretending to be not gay. Total

>dweeb.

>

>Mark

Whatever turns your crank - to each his own.

Guest zipperzone

>Mark, I'm not sure I understand the venom or logic of your

>response.

Hey Boomer - don't worry about it. Mark often spews forth such venom and his opinions are the only ones that are correct. But then again ANDERSON COOPER IS HIS COUSIN so I guess he has an inside source :-)