Massages & Masks

Guest MikeThomas
This topic is 1365 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest fm0322

Like CatDaddy, I wore a mask in the massage room when I was face up but not face down. The head cradle had extra layers of protective covering.

I have hated when in the past I have had masseurs place an eye mask on me it freaks me out so if I had a face mask as well I probably would not enjoy the experience at all. For now I will just wait for better days.

Rejoice! We are saved! First pics of Russia’s vaccine... ?

527507.jpeg

Guest fm0322

I have had a couple hotel/resort spa massages in the last month or so and the requirements were similar - massage therapist masked entire time. No mask for me while face down and mask on while face up. Temperature check and questionnaire upon spa entry.

I’ve only had a couple of massages lately and that’s the practice. It’s fine.

I have never heard of anyone wearing an eye mask for a massage.

And, if the masseur wears a mask the whole time, how does he...:p

When I used to offer free massages on Grindr https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/offering-free-massages-on-grindr.155772/

I used to put a eucalyptus eye pillow to the guys the moment I rolled them over. I guess that could work, as long as the eye pillow is sanitized.

I like to have the eucalyptus eye shade element. The scent and black out add to my experience.

Edited by Oaktown

I saw my regular provider for the first time yesterday since the lockdown, and we both wore masks (I even wore mine while face down, it wasn't too bad). He asked what I preferred, and I said that I preferred we both be masked. I felt pretty comfortable -- he had COVID in March and has the antibodies, and he said that he isn't taking very many clients right now -- that I was the first one in a while. We talked about the precautions we're taking -- he isn't going out much, and neither am I, and both of us are totally masked up when we do.

I feel like the "what precaution do you take when out in the world" question is the new "are you neg?". I'm not sure that anyone (masseur or client) will say "I'm a Karen out there fighting the good fight against the greeter at Walmart to the defend my "right" to not wear a mask in a privately own business establishment", but we know that's happening. And people who genuinely think they're doing everything right might still be sick and not know it. People who had COVID before might be able to get it again (the jury is still out on that).

So all those "precautions" are nice to have for peace of mind. But the bottom line is you should only get a massage if you're comfortable taking the risk that you might leave the session with a nasty little virus in your system. I would hope everyone understands that and that nobody'll be surprised if that happens to them despite the "precautions" that an unknowable number of people interacting with your masseur, and he himself, allegedly took.

I feel like the "what precaution do you take when out in the world" question is the new "are you neg?".

The conversations with my straight friends give me serious flashbacks to the weird rationalization conversations with gay friends in the pre-HAART days, with the same kind of odd blind spots. Recently a friend who refuses to eat any restaurant food told me about a party he had at his house. !?!?!