The Judges on American Idol

ariadne1880
This topic is 5867 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is the first season I've watched this and I still flip channels a lot because I hate the music and 90% of the contestants but the judges are an interesting lot.

Randy Jackson. I have no idea who he is. But I wish I had a dollar for every time he says "dude" "check it out" "pitchy" or "dog." That seems to be the extent of his vocabulary. He seems like 50 year old man "trying" to be hip -- whatever that means.

Paula Abdul. Is she a couple of fries short of a Happy Meal or what? I cannot tell if she's medicated most of the time or if she should be medicated most of the time. She "likes" everything. Everyone is "great." What is her added value?

Simon Cowell. I had never heard of him before this show. He can be blunt. He gets criticized for being mean. But, so far, as I've watched he seems "spot on" in what he says about every single contestant.

As for Mr. Archuleta last night. There was nothing wrong with his performance but the song was an abomination. Where did he or his advisers find that piece of trash? It didn't fit him at all. I'm not sure who it would fit. Surely, there was a better song. When he has stumbled it really has been because of song choice and not performance issues. But last night I was starting to think -- he's not going to win this. He won't even be in the final 2.

He's, by far, the most purely talented of the bunch with the most pitch-perfect voice, but every other week he picks the wrong song and fails to impress. He needs to get it together soon or the final two are going to be that Smithson chick and the rocker with the greasy hair and that thing stuck on his chin.

Mark

I'm with you! Simon's assessment of the talent and his candid remarks are indeed appropriate. Why embellish, as Paula ususally has, when it's unmerited!

From my listening to all of this year's top 10-- I do hope that David's selections change to his advantage. He should be this year's winner base on his talent. ...just hope that his song selections will be better chosen in the future.

I agree with you but he's been warned on song selection 3 times now and it's not getting any better. I would like to see more about this process. Actually, I would like to see more of the preparation in general because it would be interesting to see and might inform us of more of what is actually going on.

Mark

I agree with you but he's been warned on song selection 3 times now and it's not getting any better. I would like to see more about this process. Actually, I would like to see more of the preparation in general because it would be interesting to see and might inform us of more of what is actually going on.

Mark

Guest zipperzone

>I agree with you but he's been warned on song selection 3

>times now and it's not getting any better. I would like to see

>more about this process. Actually, I would like to see more of

>the preparation in general because it would be interesting to

>see and might inform us of more of what is actually going on.

>

>

>Mark

Early on in the competition, when David was singing the slower almost torchy songs that suited him so well, Simon warned him that he was getting a reputation of being too "dark", whatever that means, and that he should change his song choices.

I think we would get a far truer picture of the individuals talent if the show did away with the stupid "theme or catagory" rules and simply let the singer pick whatever song from whereever that they thought they could do best with.

Let's face it, whoever does win and starts a successful singing career, will only record the songs they want to record. Some will never record a country song, some never a rock, and a rocker will probably never record a Sinatra ballad - so why force them into the stupid catagories now that can potentially hurt their chances of winning?

Guest zipperzone

>I agree with you but he's been warned on song selection 3

>times now and it's not getting any better. I would like to see

>more about this process. Actually, I would like to see more of

>the preparation in general because it would be interesting to

>see and might inform us of more of what is actually going on.

>

>

>Mark

Early on in the competition, when David was singing the slower almost torchy songs that suited him so well, Simon warned him that he was getting a reputation of being too "dark", whatever that means, and that he should change his song choices.

I think we would get a far truer picture of the individuals talent if the show did away with the stupid "theme or catagory" rules and simply let the singer pick whatever song from whereever that they thought they could do best with.

Let's face it, whoever does win and starts a successful singing career, will only record the songs they want to record. Some will never record a country song, some never a rock, and a rocker will probably never record a Sinatra ballad - so why force them into the stupid catagories now that can potentially hurt their chances of winning?

Guest zipperzone

>If it were up to me, I would decree that no one ever recorded

>a country or rock song. Ever.

Reminds me of the song title "If I Ruled the World" :-)

Archived