Massage safety

massagebro32
This topic is 1395 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I received a massage about a month ago, first one during quarantine, and a week ago realized I have pubic lice. I haven’t had any physical contact with anyone outside of him the entire quarantine. I also let him know and he insisted he doesn’t or hasn’t had them.

How common or easy is it to get crabs? I can’t trace my steps and he is the only person that adds up.

Its making me question getting a massage again.

Generally requires body to body contact but there are cases reported where sheets were not. Immediately changed or someone hopped on a massage table immediately following a person with infestation where lice transfer occurs. However, that is very uncommon. Any possibility you had the lice prior to the massage?

I received a massage about a month ago, first one during quarantine, and a week ago realized I have pubic lice. I haven’t had any physical contact with anyone outside of him the entire quarantine. I also let him know and he insisted he doesn’t or hasn’t had them.

How common or easy is it to get crabs? I can’t trace my steps and he is the only person that adds up.

It is easy to pass along pubic lice. Usually it is passed on through sexual contact, but can also be from sharing clothing, linen etc. If he provided a massage for anybody before you on the same linen or used the same towel etc... So he may indeed be clean, but his setup may not be very hygienic. That could happen - not saying it did, just pointing out the risks. ?

Guest fm0322

it is a possibility although the timing is not right. Usually they show up quicker - like a few days. I had a massage at East Men a few years back and came home with pubic "pets". I noticed the towel was damp when I got on it but stupidly did not point it out. Since then, I have been super careful and only go to places I trust. And, if something ever feels off, I say something although it has never happened again. I think most of these places do their own laundry. If they scrimp on soap and cut dryer time short....

Generally requires body to body contact but there are cases reported where sheets were not. Immediately changed or someone hopped on a massage table immediately following a person with infestation where lice transfer occurs. However, that is very uncommon. Any possibility you had the lice prior to the massage?

Unfortunately no. I haven’t had any physical contact in months with the exception of him. I had been itching for 3 weeks before noticing. I’m very hairy.

it is a possibility although the timing is not right. Usually they show up quicker - like a few days. I had a massage at East Men a few years back and came home with pubic "pets". I noticed the towel was damp when I got on it but stupidly did not point it out. Since then, I have been super careful and only go to places I trust. And, if something ever feels off, I say something although it has never happened again. I think most of these places do their own laundry. If they scrimp on soap and cut dryer time short....

Yea it’s mind boggling. I had them in college but was very sexually active. No idea how I got them this time.

Tiz the risk we take. In my more gregarious “finding myself” days I lost count of the number of times I had to take care of critters and early in my massage for hire days a masseur politely ended the session as he pointed out a certain Klingon. You most definitely can get them from linens. Hard to be judgmental from my viewpoint when it comes to body to body contraction. There is no excuse for used, dirty linens and towels. At least is wasn’t scabies, they’re worse.

It’s lice which is an inconvenience. Pretty rude of him to say you did not get them from him. He should thank you for the information and then take precautions. They are easy to get but during our social distancing I would think quite a bit more difficult. Hearing your story would make me think twice before getting a massage again as you don’t know what else they may not be owing up to.