Greenhouse Men"s Spa in NYC - Relocation

Redwine56
This topic is 1337 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Greenhouse Men's Spa in NYC which was located on West 14 Street & 6th Avenue has relocated to 122 West 29 Street, 2nd Floor, between 6 & 7th Aves. New phone # is 917-675-7984. Hot off the press - it's still not listed on Google. I asked the guy who I spoke with if the new location was a spa previously. He said that it wasn't and everything there is brand new. The rooms are larger than the old GH location and they now have a table shower. I asked about my favorite masseur Tony. He went back to China to be with his parents but is expected to return. I wasn't familiar with any of the other masseurs who worked there but I do know that they used to rotate between GH and Super Mens Spa since they shared the same owner. The guy was ready to book an appointment for me but I told him that I wasn't ready. If any one of our Spa Forum members tries them out, please do report back. The price went up $10. It's now $70 for 60 minutes.

I walked by there in March and saw a sign for a “Chelsea Men Spa”. Was wondering about it. Is the other one definitely closed? I didn’t mind the facilities but masseurs there weren’t very fit. Two of the guys I saw there were on the husky side.

Greenhouse Men's Spa in NYC which was located on West 14 Street & 6th Avenue has relocated to 122 West 29 Street, 2nd Floor, between 6 & 7th Aves. New phone # is 917-675-7984. Hot off the press - it's still not listed on Google. I asked the guy who I spoke with if the new location was a spa previously. He said that it wasn't and everything there is brand new. The rooms are larger than the old GH location and they now have a table shower. I asked about my favorite masseur Tony. He went back to China to be with his parents but is expected to return. I wasn't familiar with any of the other masseurs who worked there but I do know that they used to rotate between GH and Super Mens Spa since they shared the same owner. The guy was ready to book an appointment for me but I told him that I wasn't ready. If any one of our Spa Forum members tries them out, please do report back. The price went up $10. It's now $70 for 60 minutes.

That’s a bummer. The 14th st location was so convenient. I hope Owen is returning. A table shower is a bonus however.

I walked by there in March and saw a sign for a “Chelsea Men Spa”. Was wondering about it. Is the other one definitely closed? I didn’t mind the facilities but masseurs there weren’t very fit. Two of the guys I saw there were on the husky side.

You walked by the new location and saw the sign in March? The 14th Street location is done. My masseur Tony was a bit on the stocky side but he treated me well.

I used to go to Greenhouse on 14th late at night, after work. The first time, I had an excellent massage from an older asian man. Every subsequent time, I was paired with younger guys (all asian) and the massages were awful: not at all therapeutic with mechanical/robotic finishing touches. Whether this was from lack of skill or lack of interest, I can't say. The last time, the masseur shorted me 10+ minutes. As I was leaving, I paid the full rate for the 60-minute massage I had requested. When they asked about the tip, I said that I didn't get the full hour and whatever tip they wanted they could take from what I paid. I left and never returned.

I always wondered if the masseurs there weren't giving me the same level of service that they might give other clients because I'm asian as well. I've been to other men spas with most (if not all) asian masseurs and, while their massage technique could be hit or miss, they never seemed lethargic or disinterested in doing a good job. Just a weird vibe I got at Greenhouse. Or maybe I just had a run of bad luck. Who knows?

In any event, I'm looking forward to hearing from other forum members about the new location.

I used to go to Greenhouse on 14th late at night, after work. The first time, I had an excellent massage from an older asian man. Every subsequent time, I was paired with younger guys (all asian) and the massages were awful: not at all therapeutic with mechanical/robotic finishing touches. Whether this was from lack of skill or lack of interest, I can't say. The last time, the masseur shorted me 10+ minutes. As I was leaving, I paid the full rate for the 60-minute massage I had requested. When they asked about the tip, I said that I didn't get the full hour and whatever tip they wanted they could take from what I paid. I left and never returned.

I always wondered if the masseurs there weren't giving me the same level of service that they might give other clients because I'm asian as well. I've been to other men spas with most (if not all) asian masseurs and, while their massage technique could be hit or miss, they never seemed lethargic or disinterested in doing a good job. Just a weird vibe I got at Greenhouse. Or maybe I just had a run of bad luck. Who knows?

In any event, I'm looking forward to hearing from other forum members about the new location.

I full agree with everything you said here as I have had si milar bad experiences like shortened sessions or disinterested workers (usually Asian).

I had exactly the same experience . Great older asian the first time and just young bored asian guys after that . I kept going back and asking for the older guy but I never got him again .

Definitely not on my favorite list . Let's see if they hire some more mature and experienced masseurs in the new location .

I like the old Greenhouse and most of the guys there. I do have to agree though that they have a pattern of shorting you 10 min on a massage. An hour massage is typically 50 min. I stopped going because of this. Found a couple guys at other spas that consistently give the full hour, so I'd rather give them my money. I don't get it, just give me what I pay for and we'll all be happy.

Did you go to the new Greenhouse location and return without a massage? Did you check out the place at all? What happened?

No the old location. I felt very negative once I entered.

Some of us like husky! There’s more than one definition of beauty.

• 2 months later...