The Plot Against America. HBO

This topic is 1391 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We are watching the alternative history of WW2..Lindbergh beats Roosevelt and the lives of a Jewish family in New Jersey

The rally scenes are familiar..John Turturo plays a conservative rabbi..Morgan Spector and. Zoe Kazan have 2 children. We are up to episode 2..Good so far..

It reminded me of the HBO (?) movie whereby you begin not knowing what is going on. The characters are black and white and it turns out that the movie depicts that the South had not lost the Civil War and that the slaves retained their original position. It also was a mystery at the same time. Then again I could be losing my mind because it reminds me of the novel the American War by Omar El Akkad whereby there is a Second American Civil War and the protagonist is placed in a camp for displaced persons. That camp is between the fighting North and the fighting Southern states.

It reminded me of the HBO (?) movie whereby you begin not knowing what is going on. The characters are black and white and it turns out that the movie depicts that the South had not lost the Civil War and that the slaves retained their original position. It also was a mystery at the same time. Then again I could be losing my mind because it reminds me of the novel the American War by Omar El Akkad whereby there is a Second American Civil War and the protagonist is placed in a camp for displaced persons. That camp is between the fighting North and the fighting Southern states.

I enjoy alternative history...good for thought...The Man In The High Castle was good...for a bit...then as with many series..it all went CRAZY...off course...so uunbelievable....Same with The Americans....too many killings...although the son was quite cute......