Recent air travel

Pensant
This topic is 1407 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thats odd. What would make the site wonky like that?

Hugs,

Greg

No idea, but it's not the first time I've had a customer service rep ask me what browser I'm using when I have some tech issue. So there's something to it. Maybe one of our resident techies can enlighten us.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jawjateck What browser are you using? I've cancelled multiple Delta flights via website over the past few months with no issue. But I could NOT rebook with the resulting credits - the website put me in an endless loop. I was using Edge and my iPhone when this was happening. I eventually tried the same thing using Explorer and - voila! - problem solved. This may not be your issue, but maybe worth a try.

Chrome....I never had success canceling the flight online or reaching a rep on the phone. The website would not process my transaction; it placed me in queue for a refund "pending", a refund I never wanted or asked for. I just wanted to cancel and receive an e-credit. I saved all my communication with them in case they try to screw me, steal my money, and I have to go to war with them. So Delta, bring it! :cool:

Chrome....I never had success canceling the flight online or reaching a rep on the phone. The website would not process my transaction; it placed me in queue for a refund "pending", a refund I never wanted or asked for. I just wanted to cancel and receive an e-credit. I saved all my communication with them in case they try to screw me, steal my money, and I have to go to war with them. So Delta, bring it! :cool:

FWIW, I sometimes have problems accessing various online sites using chrome (e.g. the "place a hold" button at my library doesn't appear). Using firefox has always solved the problem for me. I keep thinking I should just switch to firefox, which has better privacy protection than chrome as well, but habit is a powerful deterrent.

Every airline is trying desperately to hold onto their available cash right now.

While that's not an excuse to make it difficult for your customer to get a refund, it does require more patience than usual and some amount of knowing the system and your rights as a ticketed pax.

If DL cannot or will not refund, I'd suggest filing a formal complaint with the DOT. Airlines tend to perk up when they're put on notice. If you do go this route, I'd also recommend telling them- through a Twitter DM- that you did this. It's usually the catalyst that get them to take immediate action. Save all conversations and screenshot any communication.

https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/refunds

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas

I cancelled our plane tickets to Montreal. Delta issued a full eCredit that is good until September, 2022. The agent on the phone was great. Call was answered promptly. I thanked him for Delta being so generous with their terms.

DL, AA etc did not have the cash to refund every ticket they were on the hook for. Thus they weaseled around about refunds and in short made it more complicated. Be it right or wrong - They simply did not have cash to do it.

Now that the smoke is clearing - they can deal with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Delta, Delta, Delta, can I help ya, help ya, help ya?

Several canceled flights in all of this on Delta. I waited to within 3 weeks of departure on each to cancel. I called in and requested the call back option. Always received a call back. Always was allowed to cancel. Always was refunded the fare. One attempt they tried to offer a credit, and I said I would prefer a refund and they obliged.

Delta has done other exceptional customer service things over the years to win my loyalty. Most recent was insuring I and a few other passengers didn’t miss a connecting flight in SLC by exiting us from the plane straight into two awaiting Porsche Cayennes on the tarmac to ferry us directly to our connecting flight that was waiting on us. Ultimately, arrived on time to final destination.

They’re a behemoth of an airline, but they manage to do it better by far than other domestic carriers. I hope they can manage to weather this most recent storm without losing that aspect of their service.