When they will open gyms ?

Richardbl
This topic is 1435 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will they open gyms?

It might not happen.

My gym, the nationwide gym called "24-hour Fitness" has been closed since middle March.

I was hoping they would reopen.

Even though they said they will open after clearance from health officials, they might not open.

See this:

https://www.pymnts.com/economy/2020/24-hour-fitness-may-file-bankruptcy-amid-pandemic/

During March, April and May, they continued to charge my credit card for a monthly membership even though the gym was closed.

Reading through Google shows that countless other gym members have been charged the automatic monthly membership fee despite the gyms being closed.

Attempts to have the automatic billings canceled have been unsuccessful. There is no one to answer the phones to request a cancelation or suspension of monthly charges. It is not possible to reach anyone at the gym to cancel.

Those who have memberships with this chain, and who have had their membership fee automatically billed, should have their bank chargeback the payment for services not rendered.

Do a google search on 24 Hour Fitness and you will see there are thousands of members who have had their credit cards charged for their membership even though the gym has been closed.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/investigations/nbc-7-responds/gym-members-charged-even-though-doors-are-shut/2302719/

It is time to call your credit card company to have the charges removed and stopped. If you wait too long and if the gym goes through bankruptcy, your payments could be lost.

First Golds. Now 24HR.

If you're at a mid-level chain gym, I'd keep tabs on their liquidity and be ready to chargeback at a moment's notice.

I've heard that Lifetime Fitness is next.

First Golds. Now 24HR.

If you're at a mid-level chain gym, I'd keep tabs on their liquidity and be ready to chargeback at a moment's notice.

I've heard that Lifetime Fitness is next.

As I wrote in three posts above this, 24-hour fitness has been charging members' credit card monthly even though the gym has been closed for over two months. This is not ethical even though the company promises to extend membership for the number of months the gym is closed.

Those affected should call your credit card company and have the charges that were added during the gym closure removed.

Check Google, you will see countless complaints about 24-fitness disabling their phone number to cancel a recurring charge and they do not respond to e-mails. That is not a good sign. A chargeback is the best when a company behaves that way.

As I wrote in three posts above this, 24-hour fitness has been charging members' credit card monthly even though the gym has been closed for over two months. This is not ethical even though the company promises to extend membership for the number of months the gym is closed.

Those affected should call your credit card company and have the charges that were added during the gym closure removed.

Check Google, you will see countless complaints about 24-fitness disabling their phone number to cancel a recurring charge and they do not respond to e-mails. That is not a good sign. A chargeback is the best when a company behaves that way.

I received the following email from 24HR Fitness. It appears I’ll be receiving a prorated credit for the time the gym was closed. You should contact your club to discuss this with them. I e been very pleased with how24HR Fitness has handled

What is arguably a very tough time for all gyms

We want to thank you for your patience and loyalty during this unprecedented time. We have begun a carefully phased approach to reopen clubs safely and responsibly, and look forward to welcoming you back as soon as we are able.

We want to assure you that we will be adding a prorated credit to your account for any time paid for while clubs were closed in your area. This credit can be used for your next renewal payment or for any additional services you choose to purchase with us.

As clubs reopen, we invite you to enjoy access to any club(s) of your choosing through December 31, 2020. Check your email and this page for club reopening dates as they become available.

As a heartfelt “thank you” for sticking with us, we would also like to extend a choice of offers to help you come back stronger with a friend beside you, once clubs near you reopen:

1. 90-DAY GIFT OF FITNESS, a 90-day All-Club membership to give to a friend or family member

OR

2. ONE-YEAR BUDDY PASS, which allows you to bring a guest with you each time you work out for one year

Let us know what you decide before Reopening Day in your area by signing into your account below (if you are a Dallas-Fort Worth or Houston area member, confirm by June 14).

If you have any questions regarding your membership, please check our FAQ or ask any team member for assistance in club. You can also login to My24® to manage your membership at any time.

Thanks again for being a valued member. We look forward to seeing you

Edited by Beancounter