Blindfold?

Ajac
This topic is 1534 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just wondering what forum members think about blindfolds or towels over the eyes. I have had that once before years ago and yesterday it happened again.

I turned over and a towel was placed over my eyes. Not a warm towel that might be soothing just a towel. I went with it for a while but asked if I could remove it making a joke about being a hostage in a past life. So is that something taught in massage school? Is there a legitimate reason behind it? Just curious.

The massage school I went to, here in California, is one of the best in the state - we did not drape the eyes unless there was some glaring light on top of the receiver's face, making him or her uncomfortable to keep eyes open. I wouldn't think it's a standard practice unless the ambience really needs it to calm your senses down for you to relax.