Beaumont, TX

Brad1212
This topic is 1531 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have to go to Beaumont, TX for work. Does anyone know if there are any gay bars there? An internet search turned up nothing much...

Yes, there is a gay bar called Rumors, and a very mixed friendly bar called Thirstys... have been a few times with my friends who live there.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a book, actual paper. "The Little Black Book of gay travel". A directory of all places of interest to gays organized by location. Bars (rated by what type, drag queen/leather/hustler), shops/restaurants, community centers. Maybe bathhouses, maybe local gay sports organizations? They'd print updated versions every year, I think. I had printed copies in the late 90's/early 2000's. It's an online subscription service now, I don't know if they still actually print it. https://damron.com/ I last used it maybe 10 years ago, a friend who danced at the Gold Coast was on a road trip and looking for places where he could stop in & dance for a night.

I didn't see anywhere on there about when the 52nd edition actually came out. The books used to be named with the year, if I remember correctly.

I did a worldcat search for "damron men's travel guide 52nd edition" and it found it. Gives a copyright date of 2019, and says the nearest copy to me is avaiable at the San Frandisco Public Library.