Anne Murray

Louis
This topic is 5955 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anne Murray was briefly discussed on another thread. An interview with her was aired on CBC this evening.

Lots of interesting talk. The girl doing the interview asked Anne if she was gay, because there have been rumours throughout the years.

Anne said she wasn't gay, however there are people who have preconceived ideas and that's fine with her. She said she had a very large gay following early in her career and still has a large gay following.

Guest zipperzone

What else could she say. She's married with grown children. She is probably telling the truth when she said she isn't gay. Wonder why the interviewer didn't ask her if she was bi. That would have been interesting. In any event, straight bi or gay, she's a classy lady even if her music is about 30 years out of date.

Anne's sesuality is old news. Rumors about her being gay have ciculated since she first started in the business. She has over the years had a lot of gay friends in the business and is known as a lovely woman.

Her new CD "Duets" is due out any week here in the states and contains a duet"I'd Rather Leave While I'm In Love", with the late, great UK pop singer, Dusty Springfield. Dusty was gay and alluded to her sexual preferences in several interviews over the years.

Ed

Guest zipperzone

>Anne Murray performs where I work every year. In her

>contract it specifically states that while doing promotion for

>the show she will not speak to or be interviewed by any

>"Alternative Lifestyle" media. MMMmmmm......

Wonder what she has to fear? Kind of a slap in the face to her gay fans, I'd say.

Archived