Using VPN or Geolocation Overrides to Change Your Location

tanman4u
This topic is 1580 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I thought I had posted this question earlier but it wasn't answered and now I can't find the original one so maybe I didn't actually post-it.

I only hire when traveling and have several upcoming trips. For years I've been able to change my location to the hotel (or wherever) in the city that I'll be visiting in advance using either my OpenVPN or the Geolocation override in Google Chrome.

This was convenient not only for figuring out in advance the nearest FedEx on their site, or Yelp for restaurants in the area, and yes, using the Near Me in Rentmen or A4A to see who's lives or works in the area for when I suddenly find myself free and horny. It's also convenient when I'm working (in the middle of the Caribbean) because I could fool CBS all access (or whomever) into letting me watch them while out of their normal area.

Suddenly that's no longer working. It started no longer working in RM then spread to A4A and now even on FedEx.

Maybe this would be better posted in the Tech Talk forum but I'm hoping more of you will see it here and maybe someone else has another way of changing your online location.

TYIA