Shorted on time?

Kevas
This topic is 1601 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Looking for advice from those with more experience than me: What’s the protocol when you book a massage for a specific amount of time at a fee for that time, but the masseur finishes early. Keep you’re agreement (consider it tip included?) or confront about the time shortage or ponder something else to do in the time remaining?

Looking for advice from those with more experience than me: What’s the protocol when you book a massage for a specific amount of time at a fee for that time, but the masseur finishes early. Keep you’re agreement (consider it tip included?) or confront about the time shortage or ponder something else to do in the time remaining?

In my book it really depends on two factors: 1) was this a spa massage or a private masseur and 2) how significant was the shortfall. I may ignore an insignificant short fall if the quality of the massage was good. At a Spa you can always speak to the manager about it. As for a private masseur it is hardly ever worth the aggravation to try and discuss with the masseur. A confrontation is hardly ever productive. He will become defensive and that is likely to raise your blood pressure, right when you are suppose to be relaxed from a massage. I usually pay the agreed fee and move on.

The exception is that if the masseur suggests that he would like to see me again when he shows me out, then I would raise the short fall but I will not commit to seeing the masseur again, even if they offer a discount for a future visit. "Look, you seem like a nice guy and the massage was good, but it was supposed to be 60 minutes and we were done in 45 minutes. You may want to keep a closer eye on the agreed length of time..."

Excellent advice!

In my book it really depends on two factors: 1) was this a spa massage or a private masseur and 2) how significant was the shortfall. I may ignore an insignificant short fall if the quality of the massage was good. At a Spa you can always speak to the manager about it. As for a private masseur it is hardly ever worth the aggravation to try and discuss with the masseur. A confrontation is hardly ever productive. He will become defensive and that is likely to raise your blood pressure, right when you are suppose to be relaxed from a massage. I usually pay the agreed fee and move on.

The exception is that if the masseur suggests that he would like to see me again when he shows me out, then I would raise the short fall but I will not commit to seeing the masseur again, even if they offer a discount for a future visit. "Look, you seem like a nice guy and the massage was good, but it was supposed to be 60 minutes and we were done in 45 minutes. You may want to keep a closer eye on the agreed length of time..."

You create a post here in the forum naming the masseur, the link and how many minutes he shorted you.

You never book him again.

Not worth it to bring it up with the masseur.

The OP is new to the forum.

There have been many threads over the years IRT pros and cons of publicly naming and/or calling out a provider. I’m not going to suggest a specific course of action for the OP. However, I will strongly suggest he search the forum for similar threads and also familiarize himself with the websites Terms and Rules located at the bottom of the page.

Edit: Changed “dissing” to “calling out” to better clarify intention of neutrality.

Edited by not2rowdy

Was this a sensual massage? If yes and you initiated the "action" then I'd say it's fair game to finish once the action is over. If yes and the masseur initiated the action then you were shorted. In either case it's probably not worth a confrontation, if the masseur shorted you I wouldn't hire again.