Using the right or left side of your brain?

Guest Rendie
This topic is 6008 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi all,

Here's an interesting activity I came across over at http://www.queerclick.com. It's supposed to tell you if you mostly use the left or right side of your brain:

(START QUOTE)

Do you see the dancer turning Clockwise or Counter-Clockwise?

http://www.queerclick.com/images2007/dancer.gif

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most people see the dancer turning counter-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction.

Here's a Tip:

If you really can't, try this - Cover her torso, including her bottom, and just stare at her legs going round and round (including the shadow). After a while you can suddenly see the switch in direction. With some practice, you can switch directions easily.

A bit more on how left and right brain functions differ.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic

detail oriented

facts rule

words and language

present and past

math and science

can comprehend

knowing

acknowledges

order/pattern perception

knows object name

reality based

forms strategies

practical

safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling

"big picture" oriented

imagination rules

symbols and images

present and future

philosophy & religion

can "get it" (i.e. meaning)

believes

appreciates

spatial perception

knows object function

fantasy based

presents possibilities

impetuous

risk taking

(END QUOTE)

CREDIT: http://www.queerclick.com

enjoy

Rendie

This kind of stuff is misleading. People use both sides & there is a lot of cross talk between hemispheres and locales. Also, organization of te ebrain varies a lot between people. For example, a large minority of people have language located primarily on the Right side.

With a little effort, I can see her turning clockwise. However, the second I look at the shadow, she instantly starts turning counter-clockwise. Is the shadow a big part of the difference? Do right-brained people not pay attention to detail such as shadows?

damn. no matter what i do, i can't see counterclockwise.

when the raised foot is going from right to left, it appears lower, thus closer, meaning clockwise. Right!??!?!

even when i cover the shadows and torso, the effect is the same.

the lower the foot, the closer it is...

does this make sense, guys, or am i drunk?

I was the same...only could see it going clockwise. Then I tried only looking at the shadows - covering everything else. Then I could see the shadows moving counterclockwise. Then slowly uncover the figure starting from the bottom.

Archived