LEGALLY on MTV?

jackhammer91406
This topic is 6030 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recently on a visit to NYC, I was advised to see LEGALLY BLOND on Broadway. I vaguely remember the film with Reese Witherspoon. I recalled it had a little too much pink for me but otherwise had it's moments. I passed on the show and saw XANADU instead.

Yesterday (Saturday) MTV broadcast a film version of the current musical playing at the Palace theater. It's unusual but not unheard of for a Broadway show to be aired on TV while it is still running.

I caught much of the program and enjoyed the energy and spectacle. There are certainly some hot shirtless men in the chorus (not to mention the UPS guy).

Has anyone seen the show live? Impressions?

Yes, I saw the show last spring. It has become the new Broadway hit show mecca for teenage girls under the age of 18. While, Wicked may have the most overall younger-audience appeal, Legally Blonde is happily running to houses packed with teenage girls.

The MTV live show was taped about a month ago and several performacnes were taped, so you might not see a contiguous show on MTV, but one that has been put together from several tapings.

The MTV show will be repeated, so check your local listing for future performances. It's on tonight, Sunday at 7PM and again on Friday at 11AM.

What can I say? the show was fun. Not as good as the movie but still enjoyable. It has a young and energetic cast, the coreography is equally energetic and aerobic, the music is OK, there were no memorable numbers and the best thing about the show? The dogs! I loved 'em.

ED

Archived