Martin McDonagh’s ‘Hangmen’ to Open on Broadway in March

edjames
This topic is 1637 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I saw this play at the Atlantic and enjoyed it very much.

It had a great cast. Most of which came from the London production.

It was a sold-out hit.

Due to other obligations they weren't able to take the production to Broadway, so I hope the cast returns for this production.

Martin McDonagh’s ‘Hangmen’ to Open on Broadway in March

The drama, set in a British pub owned by a onetime executioner, won the 2016 Olivier Award for best new play.

Hangmen,” Martin McDonagh’s dark drama about a British executioner, will open on Broadway this winter after successful runs in London and Off Broadway.

The show, first produced in 2015 by the Royal Court Theater, transferred to the West End and won the 2016 Olivier Award for best new play, and then was presented in New York last year by the Atlantic Theater Company.

Set in Oldham, England, in 1965, when capital punishment for murder was being banned in Britain, the play takes place largely in a bar run by the executioner and disrupted by a mysterious visitor from London.

McDonagh is an acclaimed playwright, nominated for Tony Awards for “The Lieutenant of Inishmore,” “The Pillowman,” “The Lonesome West” and “The Beauty Queen of Leenane,” and a filmmaker (he wrote and directed the Oscar-nominated “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”).

The play is directed by Matthew Dunster and produced by Robert Fox, Jean Doumanian and Elizabeth I. McCann. It is scheduled to begin previews Feb. 28 and open March 19 at the Golden Theater. Casting has not yet been announced.