Find Me (Call Me by Your Name sequel) by Andre' Aciman

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1637 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I expect the one reason to read Find Me is the reader anticipating more of Elio and Oliver's bittersweet love story and perhaps confirming what kind of guy Oliver really was, a dog or a guy that left Italy broken hearted and never stopped loving Elio; would he step into that taxi the next morning and "call me by your name" before leaving Elio again and forever. Or not.

Well I won't spoil it for you. I do recommend the review in the Atlantic, if you are interested in spoilers.

The novel returns to themes of CMBYN, especially musical composition. The book itself is presented in 4 movements which required patience. The 1st movement reminded me an awful lot of Aciman's Enigma Variations, a book I enjoyed.

Aciman used the phrase "Jews of discretion" in CMBYN and now I wonder how much of his younger readership realized the underlying meaning of it. Find Me goes pretty deep there. Perhaps Aciman realized the need to close the loop on that piece of it, the history connecting himself and his characters.

Edited by E.T.Bass