Best app/site for FWB

new1234
This topic is 1689 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys,

I am a bi guy with limited experience with guys. I have been looking for another guy to have a regular thing with (a FWB type of thing). The problem is that I am very traditional and worry about STDs (NOT just HIV). I want to start slow and play safe. To me, unprotected oral sex is still unsafe, an idea that alienates most Grindr and Doublelist users. I understand that I am not the "norm" anymore. I understand that my worries about STDs are "exaggerations" to many people. However, this is what I believe in and I am not ready to change it.

So my question is, is there a site/app that you guys would recommend where I can meet guys around my age with similar views especially in big cities?

I absolutely do not mean to offend anyone in the Grindr or Doublelist communities. I just don't think that I fit in in these two communities.

Edited by new1234

There are a variety of guys looking for a variety of things, including but not limited to sex (safer and less safe), across the m4m apps (e.g. Grindr, Scruff). My recommendation would be to choose an app or two, make an effort to connect with guys, and to be honest about what you're looking for. If someone doesn't respect your boundaries, move on. I haven't used Doublelist, but I've had positive and negative experiences via Grindr, Scruff, and Growlr (depending on what you're into). I view these apps as one method (although a sexually charged method) of potentially meeting guys. Yes, a number of guys might be turned off by your boundaries, but you'll, hopefully, find someone who accepts them. Perhaps you can ease into things by initially focusing more on the "F" in FWB.

I don't think that I have any true recommendations for specific sites, but I just want to applaud you for your general beliefs. Yes, it's a meat market out there, and guys will often be looking for things you're not. But you have the right to lead your own sex life in the way you want - and don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.

I've always been interested in the sensual side of sex - oral being the main way I prefer to get a guy off, and yes, I do swallow. (I also just got my HIV test results back, and I'm negative.) But I have certainly met guys who feel they need to stick to protected oral sex, and I feel I have my choice to go with that (maybe honestly saying that I don't really enjoy sucking condoms, but I'll certainly do it out of respect for his feelings, because that's ultimately the most important thing), or to decide not to engage in oral with the guy. But I would never force someone into something they didn't feel comfortable with.

So, as Balthazar has suggested, I'd say try a few sites, and just don't be afraid to gently state what you want and what you don't want. Given the nature of such sites and apps, you will ALWAYS find guy who will contact you for things you don't want regardless of your ad - just don't respond to them, and hope for someone who thinks more like you do. I guarantee there are many others like yourself who would appreciate your take on things. Just don't give up.