Rentmasseur Info Masseur Verification site: Real or Phishing scam?

curiousbynature12
This topic is 1647 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was on Grindr in my area and saw a masseur ad by someone who claims to be Ethan/Southernjock https://rentmasseur.com/SouthernJock (Note that he is in NYC on his ads and geo location and I live in the west coast.)

He claimed I needed to use rentmasseur.info / southern jock to pay a verification fee. His rates were also really low for a normal 90 min (30-60 USD).

99% sure this is a scam, but it seems that other providers pictures are being used for this with their own ads, and they have reviews for each ad.

Has anyone used this site? Is this actually legit as a booking site or is it definitely a scam?

Edited by curiousbynature12

I am listed on the real RentMasseur they already sent emails to us:

There has been multiple user reports for phishing websites with names similar to RentMasseur.

The only domain we operate with is RENTMASSEUR.COM

Any other domains are possibly SCAM

These websites are NOT associated with RentMasseur

Do not try to sign up or login.

Any other domains are possibly SCAM and aim to collect your data, use your photos, or manipulate information. RentMasseur representative will never ask you about your password, email address, or any personal information

Guest InthePines

Rentmasseur is legit for those who are using it as it is intended. That said, the industry itself prolifically attracts scams and unlike Massuerfinder, Rentmasseur does not require photo verification of the provider in front of the provider's registered address, so there is a stronger element of risk.

That said, Rentmasseur has improved considerably over the last year, for if reported, they will verify and remove fake profiles within hours, and they no longer allow reviews to be posted to a profile unless there is verified communication between the client and provider through their website, so while not impossible, they've made it harder for deceptors to pad their profiles with fake reviews.

I consider that helpful, for I've discovered masseur even on this site who have created fake profiles just to give themselves great reviews.

Rentmasseur is legit for those who are using it as it is intended. That said, the industry itself prolifically attracts scams and unlike Massuerfinder, Rentmasseur does not require photo verification of the provider in front of the provider's registered address, so there is a stronger element of risk.

That said, Rentmasseur has improved considerably over the last year, for if reported, they will verify and remove fake profiles within hours, and they no longer allow reviews to be posted to a profile unless there is verified communication between the client and provider through their website, so while not impossible, they've made it harder for deceptors to pad their profiles with fake reviews.

I consider that helpful, for I've discovered masseur even on this site who have created fake profiles just to give themselves great reviews.

The OP is asking about rentmasseur.info, not rentmasseur.com. Big difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Important to note, as above, that you must pay attention to the extensions on web addresses. Rentmasseur.com is legit. rentmasseur.info looks shady AF.

I was on Grindr in my area and saw a masseur ad by someone who claims to be Ethan/Southernjock https://rentmasseur.com/SouthernJock (Note that he is in NYC on his ads and geo location and I live in the west coast.)

He claimed I needed to use rentmasseur.info / southern jock to pay a verification fee. His rates were also really low for a normal 90 min (30-60 USD).

99% sure this is a scam, but it seems that other providers pictures are being used for this with their own ads, and they have reviews for each ad.

Has anyone used this site? Is this actually legit as a booking site or is it definitely a scam?

Post your credit card number here and we will tell you if it's been breached. Totally free!