End of the Century

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1483 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

End of the Century is showing at the NuArt in Santa Monica through Thursday Sept 26th. Written and directed by Lucio Castro who was on hand for Q&A tonight as well as last night. I would enjoy hearing anyone else's opinion what the movie portrayed. Castro refused to skew our interpretation with his, so we're left to our own devices to understand it. The guy behind me raised his hand and admitted he'd rather be spoon fed a story line rather than left with open ideas. I will see it again. (in Spanish with subtitles.)

EFAueR7WkAAucFj.jpg

Edited by E.T.Bass

End of the Century is showing at the NuArt in Santa Monica through Thursday Sept 26th. Written and directed by Lucio Castro who was on hand for Q&A tonight as well as last night. I would enjoy hearing anyone else's opinion what the movie portrayed. Castro refused to skew our interpretation with his, so we're left to our own devices to understand it. The guy behind me raised his hand and admitted he'd rather be spoon fed a story line rather than left with open ideas. I will see it again. (in Spanish with subtitles.)

EFAueR7WkAAucFj.jpg

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "refused to skew our interpretation with his"? Does he 'intimate' that the guys take off their shirts and kiss or suck each others cocks? Or do you mean there is a bromance and we can interpret it as going further.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "refused to skew our interpretation with his"? Does he 'intimate' that the guys take off their shirts and kiss or suck each others cocks? Or do you mean there is a bromance and we can interpret it as going further.

Good questions. More than ever I want to buy this one and watch again.

Let me try to explain a different way.

The only music in the movie was the scene 20 years before, where they got drunk and danced, leading to kissing and then sex, after which the two guys moved on with separate lives.

Other than that scene there was no music at all in the movie. The director left music out of the movie because he said music would shade the viewers interpretation of what was happening.

He wanted to use Love is a Stranger by the Eurythmics, during the dancing scene that led to sex, but was too expensive. That song might have been more useful than what was used, Flock of Seagulls',

, which still made a very, very good scene. I loved it. The director explained that song was also very expensive, costing as much as the rest of the movie.

(but I digress)

Now that you mention it, yours could be an awesome interpretation, that it was a bromance that happened 20 years ago. You may have hit the nail on the head.

They did meet again 20 years later (or did they?)

It may be that the director wanted to express how closeted men spend their lives fantasizing about having a great love to spend their life with. They might fantasize about another gay dude or maybe about some bromance where they got drunk and had sex one time.

Edited by E.T.Bass

Good questions. More than ever I want to buy this one and watch again.

Let me try to explain a different way.

The only music in the movie was the scene 20 years before, where they got drunk and danced, leading to kissing and then sex, after which the two guys moved on with separate lives.

Other than that scene there was no music at all in the movie. The director left music out of the movie because he said music would shade the viewers interpretation of what was happening.

He wanted to use Love is a Stranger by the Eurythmics, during the dancing scene that led to sex, but was too expensive. That song might have been more useful than what was used, Flock of Seagulls',

, which still made a very, very good scene. I loved it. The director explained that song was also very expensive, costing as much as the rest of the movie.

(but I digress)

Now that you mention it, yours could be an awesome interpretation, that it was a bromance that happened 20 years ago. You may have hit the nail on the head.

They did meet again 20 years later (or did they?)

It may be that the director wanted to express how closeted men spend their lives fantasizing about having a great love to spend their life with. They might fantasize about another gay dude or maybe about some bromance where they got drunk and had sex one time.

Thanks for the input. I am definitely going to try to get it on Netflix (I get the mailbox type so they may not offer it). It sounds interesting. Because it is in Spanish no one at Netflix may bother to take the time to watch it and so offer it without realizing there are cocks being sucked. Thanks again.

Thanks for the input. I am definitely going to try to get it on Netflix (I get the mailbox type so they may not offer it). It sounds interesting. Because it is in Spanish no one at Netflix may bother to take the time to watch it and so offer it without realizing there are cocks being sucked. Thanks again.

Actually, the one cock sucking scene is brief and sort of behind a tree. The fucking scenes, you can't miss :p the robust and vigorous pace of the thrusting. Either way, I would expect it more likely on Dekkoo, but we'll see.

Edited by E.T.Bass

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EFAueR7WkAAucFj.jpg

I was able to see it thanks to a link in another thread. I had been wanting to see it for a while since I've had a crush on one of the actors (the Spanish redhead) for years.

The film is tough to understand initially because it jumps back & forth in time (20 years) without the actors' appearance changing one bit. The confusion actually started to annoy me while watching it, until I figured out why (I think) at the end.

The film definitely isn't for everyone. Personally, I loved it. It certainly helps that the two leads are so attractive. In a few months, I'll make it a point to watch it again. Good to know that it's on Amazon Prime.

PS: Juan Barberini's Argentine accent could melt buttah.

Edited by BSR