CATS - I admit I'm interested

LaffingBear
This topic is 1362 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

CATS holds an odd place in my Broadway interests & attitudes

I was mid-20s when I first saw a live production. Young and attitudinal, I was determined to dislike it, and I did. It was so very much the opposite of sophisticated.

Then, in my 40s I saw the PBS airing of a filmed version of the London production. And the whimsical feel appealed to me.

Some years later, I bought the DVD of that production. And I love it. It's grown on me, as I've matured into not taking life, or myself, seriously.

And so, I eagerly await the movie release of a show I was almost ashamed to admit seeing 40 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so glad Sidney Poitier finally got this finished... :p

The alternate trailer...

[MEDIA=twitter]1151977667207372800[/MEDIA]

And yes, I own a cast recording and a video..

If the intention of the alternate trailer was to distance it from the stage version, they accomplished their goal. It has a whole different feel. But I am kinda a sucker for "familiarity"....

If the intention of the alternate trailer was to distance it from the stage version, they accomplished their goal. It has a whole different feel. But I am kinda a sucker for "familiarity"....

They guy is a comedian, so it was just for laughs but he was correct that the music from the Us trailer matched up in an almost uncanny way. Someone claimed both trailers were cut by the same editor, but I don't know if that is confirmed.

They guy is a comedian, so it was just for laughs but he was correct that the music from the Us trailer matched up in an almost uncanny way. Someone claimed both trailers were cut by the same editor, but I don't know if that is confirmed.

I'm not mad at it. It was a creative and fresh take on a classic. If I didn't know the original score, it would have worked even better for me.

• 10 months later...