The Washington, DC market always surprises me...

Mocha
This topic is 1751 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is just a random thread, but I feel compelled to discuss the nation’s Capitol of DC. I feel it’s probably the most popular market for traveling providers, next to SF, NYC, LA and Chicago. I’m just always amazed at the vibe and outcome I get when I’m there.

Last time I was in DC was in May 2018. This time, I was there from August 9th thru the 21st. Ended up staying a little over a week planned. It was also interesting to be there for the 1st time since the post-FOSTA era with Craigslist and backpage gone.

DC has always been a favorite market of mine (in moderation...how often depends on whether I’m living in the east or west), but it just seemed on this latest trip, people booked differently than before. In the 2.5 weeks I was there, all but 1 client were incalls coming to my place. On previous trips, it seemed that I was doing all outcalls to people’s place or hotels in the city.

I also noticed I used to hardly ever get any Black clients in the city, which is surprising considering the DMV area is one of the “Black meccas” of the country. But on this latest trip, I had more black clients than anyone else. Which was good, it’s good to see similar ethnicity supporting the business for similar providers. I find in cities like Kansas City, Orlando, Denver, San Francisco...it doesn’t seem to be as many supporting the business.

Nevertheless, I was steadily booked each day in Washington DC while I was there...but at the same time, I still felt it was a little slow. Even though it was August which I hear is slow, the highway traffic is still heavy and there’s still people in/out the city. So I don’t want to focus too much on the season.

If it were up to me, I would consider moving to the area...but despite business being steady, there’s still a lot of flakes in the area. I pretty much had to not answer any adam4adam messages, unless they phoned me directly. I also find, it always seems each trip has a fresh set of clients, versus regulars from before looking to meet. I guess that’s not a bad thing, but I just feel the market is so large, a provider is dealing with a lot of competition, but also a lot of correspondence.

Regardless, I was able to make some connections...and if it were up to me I’d love to home base myself in the DC area. However, there’s some things to take into consideration before I could make that move.