Long Beach Museum of Art: Patrick Angus Exhibit and Bob Mizer Exhibit

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1716 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Was a treat to view two exhibits at the Long Beach Museum of Art today.

First, Patrick Angus.

I expect the exhibit is especially poignant for those who were young gay men during the 70s and 80s, especially those that lived in or visited New York, and may have visited a place called Gaiety.

One section of the exhibit is set off on its own due to the erotic nature. I thought several of these were stunning.

Born in LA. Moved to NYC. His life was cut short at 38, so one might wonder how much more there would have been.

PA_P_56.002-1019x1024.jpg

Patrick-Angus-The-Striped-Mattress-1986-Acryl-auf-Leinwand-61-x-81-cm.jpg

I'd heard of Bob Mizer, of course.

The exhibit gave a chance to understand a bit more of the man and his genre of hunky young men. There is an interesting type written letter he sent to a reader from Canada. A few garments worn by the models are displayed as well as a good sampling of his photographs.

bob-mizer-LBMA-Muscle-Beach2.jpg

David%20Stubbs%20and%20David%20McCrady%20%28on%20cycle%20in%20boots%29%2C%20Los%20Angeles%2C%201961_0.jpg?itok=3jC_4hbu

$10 Adults

$8 Students (with I.D.) and Seniors 62+

Free admission after 3 p.m. on Thursdays and half price admission all day Friday.