What’s going on with Massurefinder

Daniel84
This topic is 1735 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...

They are the worst. Their customer service is crap and ever since last year they've removed the ability to contact them directly. The same masseurs always appear on the homepage and you can't get anything done. They only good thing about the site is that it keeps things clean and legit. Other than that, the don't give a sh*t about the masseurs.

I don't like Masseurfinder being so "clean." I like to see shirtless photos, so I can check out the masseur's body before the massage session online. With the "no shirtless" photo policy they have, you can't tell what is underneath the shirt. I have on numerous occasions hired from MF only to have a masseur show up, strip down to do the massage, and the flabby, belly fat was a real buzz kill and turn off. If I had seen that in the photos I would have passed. (That is why I like the shirtless photos on Rentmasseur) And as far as MF being legit, what "legit" massage website has the masseur post a gallery of photos....sometimes up to 12......that look like a modeling portfolio? And then charge in the range of $120-$170/hr? To law enforcement this would be a red flag that the site is not legit. A "legit site" would have ONE photo of the masseur, and charge the standard rate of $60-$75/hr.

I don't like Masseurfinder being so "clean." I like to see shirtless photos, so I can check out the masseur's body before the massage session online. With the "no shirtless" photo policy they have, you can't tell what is underneath the shirt. I have on numerous occasions hired from MF only to have a masseur show up, strip down to do the massage, and the flabby, belly fat was a real buzz kill and turn off. If I had seen that in the photos I would have passed. (That is why I like the shirtless photos on Rentmasseur) And as far as MF being legit, what "legit" massage website has the masseur post a gallery of photos....sometimes up to 12......that look like a modeling portfolio? And then charge in the range of $120-$170/hr? To law enforcement this would be a red flag that the site is not legit. A "legit site" would have ONE photo of the masseur, and charge the standard rate of $60-$75/hr.

The price, yes. But I fail to see how more pics makes someone less legit.

The price, yes. But I fail to see how more pics makes someone less legit.

I only mentioned the over abundance of photos a masseur posts on massage sites such as Masseurfinder as a red flag of other things going on (happy ending, etc) in the context that when someone is seeking a strictly therapeutic massage, why would they need 12 photos of the masseur? A client seeking a strictly therapeutic massage is only interested in the massage skills of the masseur...or masseuse. Think the massage chain Massage Envy. A person does not call Massage Envy and ask for a photo, or several photos of who will massage them. They ask about their massage skills. Go to Yelp and type in "massage" for the city you live in. Rarely will they even have a photo of the masseur or the masseuse on Yelp......and if they do, it will just be 1 photo, since they are legit. Masseurfinder has many photos for their masseurs, since most MF clients hire based on looks for obvious reasons, and as we all know, the majority of masseurs on MF do more than massage.

Edited by Dmitri

And as far as MF being legit, what "legit" massage website has the masseur post a gallery of photos....sometimes up to 12......that look like a modeling portfolio? And then charge in the range of $120-$170/hr? To law enforcement this would be a red flag that the site is not legit. A "legit site" would have ONE photo of the masseur, and charge the standard rate of $60-$75/hr.

Rates of $120-$170 in NYC are average. $60-$70 you are talking about MassageEnvy and and Nail Salon quality massage. If you go to any reputable spa in NYC you will pay much more than $70.

What I mean by "legit" is that MasseurFinder is trying to eliminate as many red flags as possible and they changed significantly after Fosta-Sesta went into effect. Fosta-Sesta is the same reason Craigslist Personals disappeared. A masseur on MasseurFinder can post as many pictures as possible but cannot post shirtless or suggestive photos. The site is very strict about it and about the language used in both reviews and masseur ads.