RIP Tammy Faye

stripfan
This topic is 6155 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jeffOH

She didn't look long for this world in that interview, bless her heart. I could only watch part of the interview earlier this week on Larry King. I admired her spirit and the acceptance of the inevitable. I was afraid she was going to die on live TV. Watching her strugglingly just to speak was...mmmh. ;( having watched Tammy originally on the PTL Club (for the camp factor) I loved her crying during fundraising shows (mascara-running, LOL) and in later years for her honesty about herself\her disease and her support for the gay community. I'm happy her physical pain is no more.

Guest EuropTravl

>>having watched Tammy originally on the PTL Club (for the camp factor) I loved her crying during fundraising shows <<

Oh, those were the days. Pre-100 cable channels, pre-internet, pre-Jessica Hahn scandal -- I'd see that show on and couldn't help but watch. Especially when she sang : "We are blessed we are blessed we are BLESSED...." I couldn't tune out either. Loved that make-up and hair on that big-mouthed elf.

http://dlisted.com/files/riptf.jpg

Tammy Faye was an amazing woman. I met her at a Home Shopping Network outlet store that used to be in metro Orlando. I saw her and said "OMG! Tammy Faye!" her eyes lit up and she started talking with me. We must have chatted for half an hour. Nothing like what I expected and such a wonderful warm and genuine person.

(pS - Where's Rockhard to tell us about his vacations with Tammy Faye and how he used to work at the PTL club and such?)

Tammy Faye was an amazing woman. I met her at a Home Shopping Network outlet store that used to be in metro Orlando. I saw her and said "OMG! Tammy Faye!" her eyes lit up and she started talking with me. We must have chatted for half an hour. Nothing like what I expected and such a wonderful warm and genuine person.

(pS - Where's Rockhard to tell us about his vacations with Tammy Faye and how he used to work at the PTL club and such?)

Guest skrubber

I liked Tammy. She was such a bubbly person. I watched the Larry King interview and was shocked and saddened by her appearance.

Archived