Bodywork Station 15th Street NYC

Typical
This topic is 1743 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Of course I KNEW better. But went in anyway. (I had some decent to good experiences there, but more than five years ago...)

30 minutes into a strange 60 minute massage appointment (after a lot of yelling on the premises) the door to my "room" was thrown open and cell phones were tossed in. The "therapist" announced "you are done" and left.

I was certainly ready to leave, got up and dressed. But I then discovered everyone had apparently fled the premises. The guy therapist and two women up front all left! Gone. No one anywhere. Front door was left open. No one in sight!

P.S.: They were all VERY high.

Lesson learned.

Hot shower now with a whole lot of soap.

Bizarre! :oops:

I used to live a few door down from this place on 15th street. I think I only tried it once. This was over 10 years ago and maybe it had a different name then. It felt a little skanky the time I visited so I never went back.

Sounds like they were anticipating a raid. If I were an undocumented worker, I wouldn't want to get caught these days. Back in my spa days, we had a few undocumented workers working for us. Whenever inspectors came around, we gave those workers instructions to simply leave the premises immediately when word got to them. Drop whatever they were doing and leave. This was before cell phones. They knew to call to find out when the coast was clear.

Edited by rogerG

I don't think it was an undocumented worker issue. I would guess the three were all native to Long Island from their accents.

I think it was something else....they seemed out of it.

Like really out of it.

I'm guessing substance-induced paranoia.

I waited for a few minutes to pay (although the whole thing wasn't worth a single dime and was so weird), but then worried that something really bad could happen there. So I ran up those steps an across 15th Street as fast as possible!