Question about reviews on MF & RM

Onamission
This topic is 1780 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It seems clear on MF that the therapist has selected the reviews. It does not appear to me that on RM they have any control over reviews. Is that right?

Almost correct. Yes = Masseurfinder the masseur selects the review. They can only post 1 review every 3 months. Why, I don't know..stupid rule, but many things on Masseurfinder make no sense, like not publishing contact info for the masseur from 12 Midnite till 6am. On Rentmasseur the masseur has partial control. If the masseur has a negative review, I have seen it been removed a day later. Obviously, the masseur contacted Rentmasseur to request it be removed, and RM obliged and removed it. My advice = don't waste your time submitting a review on either site. Stick with this forum for giving feedback on masseurs, or obtain info on a masseur by using the Search Box.

Thanks for that. But let me phrase it this way, if a masseur has multiple positive recent reviews on RM, but some here give them poor remarks, is it worth trying someone based on their positive reviews?

That is a personal decision. Some will say yes. Some will say no. I personally do a mix of both. I read the reviews on MF and RM. I then do a search in the search box here on the forum. I will tell you that there have been numerous times where a masseur has had positive reviews on MF and RM...but had negative comments in the forum. I was still going to try the masseur anyway, since they were available at the time I needed. And the massage session was fantastic. Also, the opposite has happened. I have gone to masseurs that are raved about in the forum, and my experience was awful. So the cliche "your mileage may vary" applies. At the end of the day, you need to just go with your gut feeling. You are not buying a house....you are just getting a massage. If it turns out bad, don't go back. It was just 1 hour out of your life.

I recently submitted a positive review on RM but was notified the review was rejected. There was no personal info shared and the review was in good taste. I was not provided a reason for the review's rejection.

I had a similar experience on Rentmasseur and the reason provided by the administrator was that there was no evidence I had contacted the masseur through the site. So I emailed the masseur through the site and he emailed me back an acknowledgment and my review was promptly accepted and published. I think others here may have had the same experience and that might be the issue why the site would not accept an otherwise appropriate review from you . Give it a try and see what happens.

Guest fm0322

I like writing reviews here and elsewhere. I read reviews as part of my selection process, so it feels fair to write about my experience so it may help someone else. I have never had a review rejected; but, I try to avoid writing a negative review, expect possibly on this site. YMMV is a key, so writing a blistering review is not entirely fair. I write about the 1) massage, 2) the masseur, and 3) the facility. For example, I had great massage at East Men but the spa is dirty (IMHO). I have had excellent massages at New Hero (nee, Manta) even though members here had different experiences. Seeing a cluster of reviews during a short time span that sound pretty much alike is a true red flag for me.